I just got my new 15" rMBP...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mr. RPG, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Mr. RPG, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013

Mr. RPG macrumors 6502a

How do I search for what display I have? I haven't really seen any ghosting yet, but erm.. I'm not an expoert

How the *** do you scroll with the trackpad on this thing? Please tell me it's possible... T___T I hate using the arrow keys to scroll.

Why doesn't it display my dGPU in the About page? It just shows the integerated HD 4000 card.

I'm happy it didn't come with any scratches or dents or anything like that. The screen looks wonderful and the keyboard looks pretty good.~

Where are the dual microphones? Weren't they supposed to be on the side ? I can't find them.

This thing is much lighter and smaller than I originally thought it would be. The screen is also much smaller than I thought it would be too. This thing almost looks as if it is 13" instead of 15", but the display is 2880 x 1800. Hm.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1409165
    I just searched the forum and found that link. See if it works for you dude!

Side note, don't look for problems. Just enjoy the machine. I never get why people go hunting for issues. Life must be boring or something.

3. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Seems like you've been getting too worried by reading this forum, eh? Is this your first Mac? You scroll the same way you do on an iPhone.

4. Mr. RPG thread starter macrumors 6502a

I can't scroll. I have an iPhone. I just can't scroll on this. Is there some sort of option to turn this on? Yes, this is my first Mac.

I will check soon. I haven't seen anything about ghosting yet. The display is amazing. Better than my iPhone...? Although that is strange considering my iPhone has a much higher ppi.

5. sholzer macrumors regular

two fingers on the track pad to scroll.

You can see all the track pad gestures in system preferances

6. willargus macrumors newbie

I am currently using the a 2012 rMBP

I am currently using the a 2012 rMBP. If the the screen seems fine, then you probably have the right display. I've had zero problems with mine. As far as scrolling, take 2 fingers and place them on the trackpad side by side and slide them up, similar to how you would scroll on an iPhone. Here is a video to show you how to use the trackpad.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDWTMjPj2ZM

If you want to know what GPU you have, I suggest downloading gfxcardstatus. It is a program that gives you information about your dGPU, and also displays weather you are using the integrated or dedicated GPU in menu bar at the top. This is useful because it is nice to know when the dGPU turns on because it drains the battery completely in about an hour to an hour and a half. You can download the program here-- http://gfx.io

The dual microphones are integrated into the speakers on either side of the keyboard, so you won't see them. The MacBook Air has dual microphones on the side, but not the rMBP, so that may be what's confusing you.
    Yes, it is very light and sleek, that's one of the main reasons why I bought mine.
    The screen may look small, but if the resolution says 2880 by 1800 then it's 15". What computer were you previously using?

7. Mr. RPG thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks, trackpad works now. I never used two fingers to scroll on my iPhone, hahaha. Anyways, I have a custom gaming Windows 8 PC running on a i5 3570k and AMD Radeon HD 7950, 8GB of DDR3 RAM.

Thanks, I got it now. :)

8. swerve147 macrumors 6502a

swerve147

That page will only show the active video card. It will show the GT650M when it's actively being used by the Mac

Go to About This Mac-->More Info-->System Report-->Graphics/Displays to view both.

9. PDFierro macrumors 68040

But the scrolling works the same way it does on an iPhone. I've never encountered anyone who has difficulty picking up the scrolling mechanism, oh well.

10. bkribbs macrumors 65816

It not hard if you know it needs TWO fingers.

11. Phil Lee macrumors 6502

It's worth noting that tap to click is switched off in System Preferences by default. I always switch it on.