Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
Read eBay's terms and conditions (which, by the way, you agreed to with every account you signed up for).

If you break the terms and conditions (which selling intangible items is), then you lose their buyer protection. Once you've broken the terms, you aren't allowed to create a second account to circumvent the suspension - doing so it another breach of the terms and conditions. Therefore, legally, the guy could have shipped you a brick, and eBay would have no legal responsibility.

Not that I believe a word of this thread.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
PA
We have a difference of opinion regarding the sale of 'intangibles' it seems....

And Squilly.... I'm not trying to give you hard time (not too hard a time). I am enjoying bantering with you. If I actually had a problem with this I would not be participating in this thread at all. For me, this is just banter.... We were all young once, and we have all tried to scam someone or some company. I got a free phone once - though at that time the only choices were wired kind. At the time I though I had "won"...now I realize it was just a scam. Oh well... live and learn.

I should be whistling a lot right now....

----------

Well, this is unfortunate.
http://gyazo.com/7369fb91cbc26f65e2c4820891123e51

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
PA
I messaged the seller. Since he lives relatively close to me, I asked if he would meet me to refund it... :)
Also going to call eBay and force them to reopen the case.

glocke12

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2008
That sucks...

I stopped using ebay for expensive things a few years back when:

a) I got scammed out of an iphone

b) Sold a bass amp only to have ebay/paypal hold my money until AFTER the buyer received the amp...

----------

I messaged the seller. Since he lives relatively close to me, I asked if he would meet me to refund it... :)
Also going to call eBay and force them to reopen the case.

dude...dont meet this person alone...meet up in a public place like starbucks or something or else you might be posting something like this next week " so met the guy from ebay about refunding money, and I woke up in a bathtub full of ice missing a kidney"

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
PA
I've dealt with many MANY Craigslist transactions before. I don't expect this to be bad. He hasn't responded back anyways. Besides, if someone really wants me dead that bad, they'll jump through fire to do so.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.