I just got white Unibody Macbook.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by macgeek18, Jan 24, 2010.

1. macgeek18 macrumors 68000

macgeek18

Hey all,I just bought a used Apple white Unibody Macbook 2.26Ghz C2D,2GB DDR3 ram,and a 250GB HD and I got it with the original powerbrick and an extra one new in box,a Airport extreme express NIB,and VGA and DVI adapters for my monitors,The only issue is a chip out of the side by the power button,but it's minor and a dent in the screen lid that bent in and lifts the screen a little up and tweaks the hinge a tad.I also got a Bluetooth Mighty Mouse with it,But besides that I paid $700 for it all,is that a pretty good deal?Not to mention I got the original box and all the paper work,I checked Apple and it's a $200 to repair,so I'm going to have it repaired with the money i get for graduation and upgrade the ram to 4GB and get a 320GB Seagate 7200rpm drive for it with graduation money and I should be set for collage.

2. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Eh...I think you kind of got ripped off...

New undamaged white macbooks are $999 but you can probably get them cheaper on the refurb store undamaged, then buy the other components and equal out about the same cost.

3. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

$700+$200 repair or this. Not sure what tax is like in CA, but you may have overpaid.

4. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Depends where you are, but the base state sales tax rate is 8.25% with counties adding on top of that, with 9-9.25% not being uncommon.

5. macgeek18 thread starter macrumors 68000

macgeek18

I didn't pay $700,that's what the guy wanted,instead I gave him my G5,2 flat screens,2 iBook Clamshells,and 2 PowerBook G4 Ti's.I think i gave a little much,but so far I'm very happy with the Macbook.And I may never get the dent fixed,as it's not that big of a deal and I wouldn't have anything this modern for ever if I didn't take it.

6. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

what the **** he got way too much man

7. macgeek18 thread starter macrumors 68000

macgeek18

Ya,I'm going to get one of my iBooks back tomorrow.He even offered so that's pretty cool.I still love the old Clamshells.

8. Macdicted macrumors regular

First you say you paid $700 ...then you changed your story :rolleyes:

Whatever....

9. macgeek18 thread starter macrumors 68000

macgeek18

It's my friend who I got this Macbook from,he dropped it,didn't want it anymore,offered it to me to buy for $700 with all the stuff,didn't have the money so I offered pretty much everything in my room minus my iTouch,that's how I got it.

10. copykris Suspended

copykris

11. d4nvu macrumors newbie

you can get it the new unibody macbook brand new from micro center for $750 + tax.

You got ripped off

12. macgeek18 thread starter macrumors 68000

macgeek18

Oh well,:) Anyways,the G5 and 2 monitors were originally his,so I basically got a Macbook for 2 iBooks and PowerBooks.

13. Macdicted macrumors regular

Everytime someone tells you its not a good deal the story changes !

First you said YOU PAID $700 , then after being told it wasnt a good deal you claim you didnt pay $700 :rolleyes:

So then your story is you traded a bunch of equipment and your told AGAIN you over paid and now you claim it wasnt your equipment to begin with :rolleyes:

What a waste of a thread

14. JoeDRC macrumors 6502

As long as your happy with the deal you got, it doesn't really matter what other posters think.
    Tbh i think you got an alright deal, plus you've got a newer machine which means you can run most of the latest software which requires an intel mac.
    I'd get a newer, bigger external monitor also and a nice desk as well if i were you

15. macgeek18 thread starter macrumors 68000

macgeek18

I'm just telling you the whole story. :)

there's a lot of trading going on between me and my friend. :)

Ya,that's the plan for this year,dual 23" Dell widescreens and a high end Mac Mini 2.53Ghz,4GB DDR3,320GB HD.That's what I would like to get this year.Oh,and better surround sound. :)

16. LLPE33 macrumors member

Where is that deal? I've been tracking the $200 rebate deal for a couple of months now, but where's that extra $50.00 offf you're talking about coming from?

17. Macdicted macrumors regular

Yeah all I see is the $200 Visa card rebate. I'd like to know how he equate's their deal to $750 too ? :confused: