I just gotta share

BoredinEdmonton

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2005
Edmonton
Hi!

I'm a PC user that just bought a 15" PowerBook 1.5GHz G4.

I'm extremely excited, and can't wait for the thing to get here.. Just wanted to share my excitement!! I'll be posting with questions in two weeks! :D

Sutekidane

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2005
Congratulations! You made a great choice, I have the 1.33ghz 15" Powerbook and it's great. The screen is just right, and the weight is pretty light. I'm sure you'll be pretty happy with yours as well.

Macaddicttt

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2004
San Diego, CA
BoredinEdmonton said:
Hi!

I'm a PC user that just bought a 15" PowerBook 1.5GHz G4.

I'm extremely excited, and can't wait for the thing to get here.. Just wanted to share my excitement!! I'll be posting with questions in two weeks! :D
That's the computer I wanted, but had to settle for an iBook, not that I don't love it. But I'm jealous... :p

Pismo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2002
NH
I just ordered a new 15" 1.67 GHz PowerBook through the online Apple Store (ADC). Everything is stock except I upgraded the video memory to 128 MB. I've been using a 400 MHz G3 PowerBook for the past 4.5 years. This is will be a tremendous upgrade for me and I am very excited. It is scheduled to ship on or before 3/24 :D

thecow

macrumors 6502
Nov 24, 2003
Timonium MD
I guess your name will be a bit outdated since I doubt you will want to use the pismo very much any more after you get the new AluBook. :D

I'm stuck with a screenless 400 MHz TiBook. :(

Pismo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2002
NH
thecow said:
I guess your name will be a bit outdated since I doubt you will want to use the pismo very much any more after you get the new AluBook. :D
HAHA. You're right. I'm going to keep my name to pay homage to a great laptop that has been reliable for years and it got me through college.

BoredinEdmonton

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2005
Edmonton
Hmm.. I hope I have enough, I did get the upgrade to 1GB. Will that be enough?

mad jew said:
Congrats! :D

They're absolutely awesome. I hope you've ordered a bit of RAM from somewhere to make the experience all that much better. :)

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Gone but not forgotten.
BoredinEdmonton said:
That will help. I've got 768 MB in my 1.33 GHz 15.2 inch PB and it works well but gets a beachball now and then. Hopefully, you'll not see one.

Congratulations on the purchase...hope you enjoy it!

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
BoredinEdmonton said:
Congrats on your purchase.

I have 1GB of RAM in my 1.25ghz pb. Occasionally I will get a beachball but not often. You made a great choice and have fun with it. :)

glosterseagul

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2004
Welcome!

I too am exsited as good ole Apple have just agreed to a replacement for my PB 1 gig, as two weeks BEFORE the 1st anniversary it kept kernal Panic. Then it had two new mothers and two screens.....

So not a bad swap! The new 1.5 pb should be her in two weeks :)

BoredinEdmonton

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2005
Edmonton
Duh... What's a beachball?

Is that like the blue screen of death?

bousozoku said:
That will help. I've got 768 MB in my 1.33 GHz 15.2 inch PB and it works well but gets a beachball now and then. Hopefully, you'll not see one.

Congratulations on the purchase...hope you enjoy it!

Pismo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2002
NH
BoredinEdmonton said:
Duh... What's a beachball?

Is that like the blue screen of death?
You get the beachball when OS X is thinking about something. This won't bring the whole system down. The blue screen of death, of the other hand, makes you lose all hope and have to restart.

dsharits

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2004
Plant City, FL
Pismo said:
You get the beachball when OS X is thinking about something. This won't bring the whole system down. The blue screen of death, of the other hand, makes you lose all hope and have to restart.
Not that you had any hope to begin with, running Windows. :D

BoredinEdmonton

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2005
Edmonton
Woooooo!!

I'm typing this on my brand spanking new PB 15"! I love it!

But this is waaaay different than any Windows box I've ever worked on, and it will take some getting used to, but it's great!

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Pismo said:
Mac OS X has an equivalent to the Blue Screen Of Death (or BSOD for short). Mac users call it the "Gray Screen of Death". It's a metallic window that says "You need to restart your computer..." followed with instructions on what to do in four different languages. I certainly hope you never see this screen. If you ever hear someone refer to a Mac OS X kernel panic, it's this screen they're referring to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.