I just had to share this story

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jc0481, Oct 3, 2009.

1. jc0481 macrumors regular

Back in 2003 I worked for CompUSA in Maryland. Ah those were the days. I helped a lot of customers with their questions. One day I was at the Apple section. I was actually saving up money to buy my first mac. An lady came by I would say in her 40's or 50's not sure.

I was putting away some mac software away and she started talking to me. She asked, "what are these?" :eek:

I told her these are computers just like the ones over there and pointed to the desktop pc section. She then asks "Are these computers for kids?" Another :eek:

I said they are for everyone. From Engineers to students. Everyone I said. She starts walking to the mac desktops. Starts touching them and says "hmm it's plastic" and walks away. I kid you not this happened to me one day. I just nodded my head and did this *face palm*.

I can't really explain this to my family since I am the techie in my immediate family so I thought I would share this with you guys. I am not sure on why I remember this but I do. People have told me I have a good memory before.

This has to be one of those WTF moments.

2. Xapphire13 macrumors regular

Xapphire13

Lol, most windows computers/laptops are plastic too! (stupid lady :D)

3. electroshock macrumors 6502a

electroshock

Shoulda told her "Yeah. They're for kids from age 1 through 90." :D

And if you need it in the future, here you go:

http://juanfgs.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/picard-no-facepalm.jpg

;)