I just have a question...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by a-m-k, Dec 11, 2013.

1. a-m-k macrumors 6502a

a-m-k

Some point yesterday afternoon I turned on my iPhone... woke it from sleeping... and I had three apps not responding, they were working fine in the morning. I'm thinking its because they're outdated.

Sure enough, when I connected my iPhone to my MBP it went to the screen that shows whatever the device is that you hooked up to your system. I had to update the apps that didn't have an icon.

My question, is that normal to have no actual icon but a grey square and I think under the squares it said 'thinking...'.

Thank you. :)

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

3. oVerboost macrumors 6502a

What phone model / iOS / what apps? But as has been said, that's not normal...

4. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

5. a-m-k thread starter macrumors 6502a

a-m-k

I don't think I did a hard reset, if this happened yesterday, I would have remembered more clearly what I did. I do remember connecting to the app store and saw that the missing apps did need updating, when I did that, my icons came back no problem. I was using my iPhone yesterday and noticed the app icons that weren't there came back. If this happens again and if what I described to you that I did does work again, I will let you know.

6. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Is your phone jailbroken?

Which iPhone are you using?

7. a-m-k thread starter macrumors 6502a

a-m-k

resolved, possibly

Better solution to the hard reset that was suggested. Just hold your finger on the screen until "x's" show up on the corner of each app. I discovered this by accident because I had my finger on the screen for a few seconds rather than tapping what I wanted to use. Thank you, though.