i just made it "rain" now what!?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by bigwayne3000, Jan 30, 2010.

1. bigwayne3000 macrumors regular

ok so i d/l Blackra1n connected my ipod ran the program and it said it was unlocked successfully. now what do i have to do? do i need to d/l something else? all i really want to do is get a background on my phone when looking at the icons and maybe some apps. what else do i need to do? is there supposed to be an "installer" on the home screen somewhere because there isnt one. im totally lost.

2. bigwayne3000 thread starter macrumors regular

ok so i installed blackrain but upon looking at pics of other who have done so as well, they all have a blackrain icon on their homescreens, i do not. what did i do wrong if anything? im running win7, original itouch w/ ver 2.2.1 what do i do to fix this? im trying to get cydia so i can get some themes.

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Just used BR on my 3G Touch last night. Worked flawless. After you JB, you should see the BR water drop on your Touch. Go into it and install Cydia.

If you don't have the tear drop on there u need to re-do it or do a restore.

4. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

before you jailbreak you should upgrade to the latest firmware. plug in ur ipod, then click restore, then restore and update. then run blackra1n, and it should be there. also set up as a new ipod otherwise blackra1n wont be there. you can restore from ur backup after u install blackra1n. you can restore from a backup by right clicking ur ipod, then clicking restore from backup.

5. bigwayne3000 thread starter macrumors regular

i did and it worked fine. now im having problems d/l winterboard thru cydia. it keeps telling me it times out. this is a pain in the a$$ and almost not even worth it.

6. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

To be blunt if you're installing just for a wallpaper it's probably not worth it.

Never had a problem with Winterboard before. Try again in a few hours.

In the meantime make jailbreaking a little worth it and download SBSettings, Backgrounder, Kirikae and a decent SMS app (ie one that includes quick reply/quick compose)

7. McBeats macrumors 6502a

yeah, what she said :)