I just ordered 2 iPhones by accident on the same line

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Shyfe, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Shyfe macrumors member

One from ATT and one from Apple. What's gonna happen? I want to cancel the ATT one.

2. sd2009 macrumors 6502

Dude that's illegal you'll probably go to jail. Try to cancel ASAP

3. Shyfe thread starter macrumors member

lol go to jail. I tried calling ATT they said I have to wait until Monday to get Premier service. Shouldn't be a problem considering ATT is sold out on iPhones.

4. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

Ok, then cancel the AT&T one. Why even make a post?

5. Shyfe thread starter macrumors member

Because I can't right now since Premier support is only available on weekdays, I was looking for an alternate way to cancel.

6. iPhoneFever macrumors newbie

Do you think the line in Apple stores is going to be shorter than the line in ATT stores?

7. AmpCoder macrumors 6502

The lines at the Apple Stores will probably be much longer than the lines at the AT&T stores.

8. frozencarbonite macrumors 6502

frozencarbonite

I don't understand how people are able to cancel their AT&T order. I have tried multiple times.

I preordered at an AT&T store. They told me about the 7-14 day wait, but was told that it would be the same wait if I ordered from any other place. When I got home, I called Apple to see about this and was told that if I ordered from them, I would have it on the 19th. So I tried to order one through Apple and was told that my order could not be completed. And I'm guess it is because I had already preordered through AT&T.

So I rushed back to AT&T and tried to cancel it, but was told I could not. I even called AT&T customer service and talked to someone who then called someone at the same store I had preordered it from to try and see if they would cancel it. But even she had no luck.

9. southerndoc macrumors 65816

southerndoc

I tried to order from Apple, but it only allowed me to reserve one through a concierge. Didn't take any credit card info or allow me to complete the purchase.

So I went to AT&T's website and ordered it online.

Not going to pick up the one from an Apple retail store. I don't think they can charge me for it. From the way I understand it, they will hold it for 7 days and if I don't pick it up, they will then sell it to someone else.