I just ordered my 128gb silver iphone 6 plus today!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jacoblee23, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Jacoblee23 macrumors 6502a

I am a sales rep for Verizon wireless and we just got the okay that employees can order them. I went back and forth between the 6 and the plus and went with the plus because of the battery life and bigger screen. Is the extra battery life really noticeable? And can you adjust to the big screen size easily? I got the silver to go along with my iPad air 2.

2. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

Yes the larger screen size is the easiest to get used to. Big screen tv never hurts. I just got my plus today so I'm not sure if the extra battery life is noticeable yet bc I've been on it more than usual. It's less than my mini though, that mini is a small power house for web browsing. Congrats on the iPad air 2. Considering waiting until the model change on the next one. Not sure, I can't afford to upgrade every device each year.

I'd think that Verizon would want the employees to self market the newest apple gadget. Surprised they just gave the go ahead now. I went back and forth with the 6 plus but am more than pleased with the larger iPhone. I really want to start a new thread- love it!!! But I didn't want to get reprimanded #

3. Bahroo macrumors 68000

Yes, the battery life is honestly very noticeable, Ijust switched from a 6 to a 6 Plus and the 6 Plus battery life has been absolutely beyond incredible, it lasts so dam long to me...it is a big increase in battery life from the 6.

I have already gotten used to the screen size and I honestly love the Plus...i happen to be rocking the Plus with no case which defitnetly keeps it very slim and pretty light(the thinness and tapered edges is what makes the Plus perfectly fine imo even though it is a little larger then your average smartphone.

Im very satisfied and pleased and happy with my choice of going to the Plus from the 6, I love this thing.

If you have been using 4.7 inch and up screen sized smartphones for a little while, then youll get used to the Plus asap. No bulky case for me as that would make it thicker and larger, I am gonna get Applecare + on my Plus and just enjoy it to the max, i have a ghost armor screen protector on it aswell.

Great choice, you are gonna love the Plus trust me

BTW, I fresh installed my Plus and not from a backup because I feel restoring from a backup will always bring some slight battert drain somewhere or something wonky will occur, fresh install and fresh phone is the way to go and you just manually put the photos/videos back on the device...this can be so easily done with AirDrop too. Trust me and go with fresh install and reinstall any apps from App Store and just transfer photos/videos via AirDrop

4. CaptMarvel macrumors 65816

CaptMarvel

5. techspin macrumors 6502a

Congrats! At this point it's probably faster to order for in store pickup if there's an Apple store near you.

6. Jacoblee23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's the route I was wanting to take but we Verizon reps can only order from the Verizon website unless we are paying full retail.

7. Pravda macrumors 6502a

Pravda

Congrats on the purchase.

I went from an iPhone 4S to 6 Plus. Picked it up and was a very smooth transition. It took me maybe half a day to get use to texting and thats going from a small 4S screen.

It is taking me a bit to get use to once i am mobile (home to car, in the car, etc). If it wasn't for the whole "Bendgate", i wouldn't be as concerned. I always carried my previous iPhones in my jean front pocket, with no issues.
    I wear pretty baggy pants, and the 6 Plus (with Apple Silicon Case) doesn't fit in the front pocket all the way, and i'm constantly being careful not to forget and pull the phone out of my front pocket before i get in the car.

The way i see it is, with the cold season arriving, i will always be wearing a jacket or a hoodie when i go out, so its easy to keep in my front jacket or hoodie pocket for the next 3-4 months. I'm a bit concerned how I'm going to carry the beast in the summer months, but i'm sure i'll come up with something.

The display and battery life is worth the slight disadvantage of mobility, to me.

8. KuchiKopi macrumors regular

KuchiKopi

Shouldn't have ordered the 128GB. Reports that it has defective hardware components leading to constant hard freezes and reboots. :(

9. Pravda macrumors 6502a

Pravda

Wife and i both picked up the 128GB iPhone 6 Plus, no issues yet.
    But you are right about some 128GB models affected, i did read the article.

10. Professor007 macrumors newbie

Professor007

I've got that same phone (silver plus 128 GB) and have had it for over a week. It's chic and absolutely necessary! ;). I have already gone through 40 GB -- glad I opted for 128 GB.