I just ordered my macbook pro, but I have a few questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bonini, Jun 8, 2009.

1. bonini macrumors newbie

I just ordered this:
    3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2X2GB
    500GB Serial ATA Drive @ 7200 rpm
    MacBook Pro 17-inch Hi-Resolution Antiglare Widescreen Display

and I'm really excited, I've been saving up for quite some time for something like this.

I have two questions:

1. While ordering I was using my moms credit card (I just turned 18 and will be going off to college this fall and don't have my own) But for the billing address I put my name instead of her name. Now when I go into my order status there is a link to edit the billing address, but when I click it says:

"Your order is being processed. Please allow 15 minutes before trying to make a change to your order.
    To make changes to your default billing address, go to Your Account."

Yet its been doing that for about an hour and I have yet to receive an email confirmation. I have gone ahead and changed the default account billing address. My guess is that everyone is ordering tonight so they're going to be slow in processing. Do you think having a different first name from the credit card will even matter (everything else is the same)? Or do you have any other advice?

2. Should I expect my computer to arrive in the stated 5-7 business days or will it likely take longer due to the fact that it is a custom configuration?

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.

2. cu2010 macrumors 6502

doesn't matter so long as the shipping address is the same. and this would be my guess ;)
    and i had duly expected my custom configured mbp to arrive in 5-7 business days, but it actually arrived via fedex overnight in "almost" 2 business day, from shanghai, china. i ordered it on saturday or sunday and received it on wednesday morning.

3. Unprocessed1 macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

Make sure you used your education discount! And got the free ipod and printer (if it was okay with your mom until she got the rebate check)

4. bonini thread starter macrumors newbie

Yup, I got an iPod classic (I have a lot of music). I made my engraving say, "Help, I'm trapped in an iPod factory!" I hope they get the joke and don't hold my order up.