I just ordered my Sena Case / Wallet

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by james948, Jul 28, 2008.

1. james948 macrumors 6502

2. JimmyJawn macrumors newbie

JimmyJawn

Nice choice, I opted for the walletbook style and am eagerly awaiting its arrival. I will be back in this thread to post about it when it comes.

Which color option did you go with? I went with the white.

3. james948 thread starter macrumors 6502

I went with black because it's made of leather (I think) and that's the only colour they have a picture of.
    Ships thursday I think. Or should.

4. JimmyJawn macrumors newbie

JimmyJawn

The black looks really nice on the site. I could have swore the presale originally said they would start shipping on the 29th but I may have misread something (as it certainly says the 31st in the description now).

Have you (or anybody reading this obviously) ever ordered from Sena before? I'm wondering if I should expect a tracking number in my email.

5. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

this is the coolest thread ever, James and Jimmy :D

6. james948 thread starter macrumors 6502

7. dsachdev macrumors newbie

Thanks for the heads up on the discount coupon - found one online that still worked today - ordered the dockable one here:

http://www.senacases.com/Brands/iPhone-3G-Cases/SENA-DOCKABLE-CASE-FOR-iPHONE-3G

I really liked the wallet idea, but this one at least does have a pocket that will hopefully hold an id and a credit card.

8. Meyvn macrumors 6502

ohgod. wallet + case? That means that not only would I have consolidated my iPod and phone to one device, I will have further consolidated my wallet into the mix, meaning in order to leave the house with all my stuff in order, I'd only need the iPhone and my keys. I could totally splooge right now.

9. JimmyJawn macrumors newbie

JimmyJawn

Yea this was my thinking when I found these cases. It's a brilliant solution for unorganized persons such as myself.

Also, big ups to all my fellow James' on the macrumors forums!

10. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

Yes, I got a tracking number with my order. It's a USPS tracking number though, so its useless until the item actually arrives.

I'm not super thrilled with the shipping speed of Sena. Hopefully my case is waiting for me at home today.

11. james948 thread starter macrumors 6502

Fantastic.
    Let us know your thoughts!

Hello to you too James !

12. hotsauce macrumors 6502a

Although my name is not James, Jim, nor Jimmy, I'd like to chime in.

I ordered the Black Croc. Am I making a mistake? Anybody with experience with Sena's leather quality?

Thanks

13. JimmyJawn macrumors newbie

JimmyJawn

Anybody get a tracking number email yet? They took them off of pre-order status so they must be shipping some of them.

14. bassy macrumors newbie

hey i ordered the ultra slim case in white and it arrived within 4-5 days from usa, me being in the uk!! but the only thing is, it does get rather dirty at work.. quality is good, inside being suede has got dirty, but i wanted white to match my whitey!
    so hey!

15. bobbba macrumors regular

I got the red ultra slim case. very happy with it so far. snug fit, quality finish and nice and light. Perfect!

16. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

I ordered the green ultra slim case. It came yesterday, and I love it. It's not as snug as people led me to believe it would be...slides in and out with a tug. Has a nice quality look and feel. The packaging was excellent. Shipping was a little slow, but in the end I'm pretty happy.

Will post pictures/review later.

17. dauerhippo macrumors regular

Got my wallet case last friday (black croc). I'm not thrilled with it. It's seriously waaaaay too bulky. It's about 2-3 times as thick as the iPhone. It's also not particularly well designed. If you put a credit card in one of the pockets, it covers up the camera!

Also, just overall, it doesn't fit perfectly, and the raised edges make it tough to type on the keyboard.

Anyone want to buy a Sena Wallet case in black croc? (JK)

18. james948 thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmmm.
    I'll be getting my regular black one sometime early this week.
    I'll let you know what I think.
    Though I'm not so bothered about the bulk since as long as it's smaller than my wallet and iphone combined I'll be happy.
    But I do hope the quality is good....

thanks for your thoughts though.

19. AustinSTI macrumors 6502

Did you get the wallet book or wallet skin? I'm interested in the skin because the phone faces OUT which is huge.

How many slots for CC does it have? Is there a DL slot?

20. dauerhippo macrumors regular

I got the Wallet skin. There are a total of 3 CC slots + 1 DL slot. One of the CC slots though, overlaps with the camera hole, so if you put a CC in there, you won't be able to use the camera.

Believe it or not, I actually found that this case was THICKER than both my iphone (in an elan form fit case) and my wallet combined!

21. JimmyJawn macrumors newbie

JimmyJawn

The description on the Sena website doesn't mention it having a camera hole, whereas some of the other cases (such as the walletbook) list this as a feature.

22. jerryh macrumors newbie

Received. Fantastic

I have received my Sena walletskin case as well. I really liked it. I used to have sena magnetflipper case. This case actually feels THINNER than my old case. As always, the leather is really good. I like the smell. I am happy. I will use couple of days then I may post some pictures of it for you.

23. hotsauce macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Apple Communication Device: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A345 Safari/525.20)

What color did you get? Maybe the croc style is thicker. I really don't care, because my wallet at the moment looks like George Costanza's. This will force me to simplify my wallet.

24. james948 thread starter macrumors 6502

I got the regular black leather case and it arrived today.
    Overall I'm happy with it; it is exactly as expected.
    The build quality is good, it fits snugly etc.
    The only problem is that it completely ruins the iPhone's looks; a lot of cases accentuate the look of the iPhone, this one disguises it.

However, it is not thick; it doubles the size of the iphone but less than a wallet with it would.

The aesthetics really bother me though. I may send it back .
    Any other ideas of wallet cases?
    I really loved my Agent 13 case for the old iPhone but the new ones suck.

Pics later if I get the time.

25. Sphyrna macrumors regular

Does it have a space for money? From the pics it looks like just credit cards.