I just orederd my mac but i think i have a problem!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by HazzFq, Oct 8, 2007.

  1. HazzFq macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2007
    #1
    i ordered a macbook pro yesterday and i just realised that leopard is coming out near end of this month!

    what do i do?
     
  2. swiftaw macrumors 603

    swiftaw

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2005
    Location:
    Omaha, NE, USA
    #2
    1) Cancel the order
    2) Don't cancel the order

    :D :D :D
     
  3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

    Dont Hurt Me

    Joined:
    Dec 21, 2002
    Location:
    Yahooville S.C.
    #3
    Cancel your order. This is major OS not just a bump. Im waiting also.
     
  4. twoodcc macrumors P6

    twoodcc

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2005
    Location:
    Right side of wrong
    #4
    if you can cancel, then go ahead and do it. i guess it depends on your needs
     
  5. HazzFq thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2007
    #5
    crap do i really have to be that drastic?

    isn't there like a way they say if u ordered your mac after this date u can get a free upgrade?
     
  6. synth3tik macrumors 68040

    synth3tik

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2006
    Location:
    Minneapolis, MN
    #6
    They could give you a free upgrade or not, really there is np set rule about this. If you want just take your chances.
     
  7. HazzFq thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2007
    #7
    no i don't want to take chances but i don't really want to wait till end of month before i can order it...
     
  8. swiftaw macrumors 603

    swiftaw

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2005
    Location:
    Omaha, NE, USA
    #8
    For previous OS versions they have offered free upgrades for anyone who ordered after the official announcement of the release date.

    As yet we have not had the official announcement of the release date.
     
  9. HazzFq thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2007
    #9
    Is there any email for the UK apple store i can use to ask?

    i just looked and i found no emails :(
     
  10. markfc macrumors 6502a

    markfc

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2006
    Location:
    Prestatyn, Wales, UK
    #10
    Well if you need it now, keep the order.

    The way some people talk you'd think tiger didn't work!!!

    :mad:
     
  11. gormond macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2007
    #11
    I'm sure tiger works fine but i like the sound of the features in leopard and to same myself some cash I have also decided to wait a couple of weeks.
     
  12. PowerbookWiiPro macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2007
    #12
    15 days

    Since they are talking about releasing Leopard on Oct 26 you want to buy your new notebook within fifteen days of that release and they'll give you a copy. The reason is they figure you have fifteen days to return your computer, so if you buy it within fifteen days of the release you could just return it and get a new one with the new OS. This is what a salesman told me at an Apple store anyway.
     
  13. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

    mkrishnan

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2004
    Location:
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    #13
    Be very wary of "some guy" reports from Apple salespeople... I mean, not to challenge PowerbookWiiPro at all -- I'm sure he/she was told this. However, don't believe it unless you see it in writing. Besides which, you're working on a fair amount of logical leaping to conclude that we're within a 15 day window anyways. Probably, but not certainly.

    I personally doubt I'd return the Mac, but I would also at this point be skeptical about getting Leopard for free.
     
  14. CalBoy macrumors 604

    CalBoy

    Joined:
    May 21, 2007
    #14
    Canceling is an option if you're within the window of not taking a 10% hit on the order. If that time frame has come and gone, then it's better to stick with the order, because the fee for canceling will be more than a new copy of Leopard.
    You actually don't want Leopard right when it comes out. Give it six to eight weeks for it to become a seasoned OS, and then you can go out and buy it. Honestly, if I was you, I'd just keep the order.
     
  15. peapody macrumors 68040

    peapody

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2007
    Location:
    baltimore, md
    #15
    How much will leopard go for you guys think? And is oct 26 the release date? or the announcement date?
     
  16. ktbubster macrumors 6502a

    ktbubster

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2007
    Location:
    US
    #16
    well like you could see around the forums... the basic thought is that it will cost as much as the OS now does. Probably 129 for everyone and 69 for students.
     
  17. zioxide macrumors 603

    zioxide

    Joined:
    Dec 11, 2006
    #17
    eh... Jobs already confirmed the price at WWDC.. $129
     
  18. Steve Jobs=God macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2007
    #18
    Didn't Jobs also confirm leopard will start shipping on every new mac in January? if so would be more a case of how long are you willing to wait for the machine?
     
  19. phillipjfry macrumors 6502a

    phillipjfry

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2006
    Location:
    Peace in Plainfield
    #19
    January just doesn't sound right. Maybe the second friday before Leopard release, that's when they will start preshipping. Every friday that passes is one less friday till Leopard Friday :)
     
  20. Steve Jobs=God macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2007
  21. PCMacUser macrumors 68000

    PCMacUser

    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2005
    #21
    I agree. Keep the order, because Tiger is a great operating system and you know it'll work out of the box.
     
  22. mcmacmcmac macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2007
    #22
    How much of a hassle is the actual process of upgrading the OS? I was going to just wait for leopard but i wasn't aware it was cheaper with the education discount.
     
  23. elppa macrumors 68040

    elppa

    Joined:
    Nov 26, 2003
    #23
    I would wait anyway just incase the MacBook/ MacBook Pros are updated.

    There are rumours…
     
  24. CalBoy macrumors 604

    CalBoy

    Joined:
    May 21, 2007
    #24
    :confused::confused::confused: You mean October?:confused::confused::confused:
    Maybe because it's October?

    There are always rumors...it's somewhat pursuant to their definition. However, if the notebook is needed now or soon, waiting isn't the best option.
     
  25. elppa macrumors 68040

    elppa

    Joined:
    Nov 26, 2003
    #25
    Fine, but don't come crying to me when the Super Light, Super Small, Super Fast, Super Amazing next generation MacBook Pro is rolled out next month. ;)**

    **This may or may not be true.
     

Share This Page