I just pre-ordered the Zune HD

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gan6660, Sep 4, 2009.

1. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

Well I have been following Zune HD news since it was first leaked in April and today I was in my local best buy and saw the Zune HD display with preorder cards and I just couldnt resist. So I picked up a black 16gb version with $25 down. I really dont know why I did this but I just want it for some reason.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. gan6660 thread starter macrumors 65816

gan6660

I dont think so but I have vista via bootcamp for gaming and bluray.

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Why would you want your music collection on the BC partition?

5. gan6660 thread starter macrumors 65816

gan6660

Its not but I dont have alot of songs so Ill just keep them on both partitions. I have less than one GB of music. I do have alot of movies though.

6. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Whatever floats your boat.

I couldn't imagine trying to keep both libraries up to date.

7. aethelbert macrumors 601

It's actually quite easy to do if you create a third partition and direct both applications to a folder of your multimedia content on that drive. Doesn't really take up more space and is pretty convenient.

8. Shake 'n' Bake macrumors 68020

Shake 'n' Bake

I'd certainly be getting a Zune HD. It's, IMO, just as good as the iPod touch, if not better. The only thing stopping me is that I can't use it with iTunes and the iTunes store. Or maybe I could. Is it hard to make an "alien" device look like, for instance an iPod nano?

9. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

10. Shake 'n' Bake macrumors 68020

Shake 'n' Bake

Zune HD has an OLED display, nVidia Tegra, tons of extra info on artists and songs, social stuff, FM/HD Radio tuner (on which you can tag songs you want to download later), and more (all of which can't be found on any Apple device). Plus, it looks better (IMO), and costs less.

11. gan6660 thread starter macrumors 65816

gan6660

The OLED Display really did it for me. I already have a 1st and 2nd gen touch so I wanted something different and this was it. I think it is going to be a great device.

12. Shake 'n' Bake macrumors 68020

Shake 'n' Bake

The new iPods really throw a spanner into the works when deciding which media device to buy.

The nano has a camera and FM tuner with tagging (but only on supported stations (WTF? Why does the station need to be supported?)). PS: I feel that all iPods need a stainless steel back to be worthy of the iPod name, so I probably wouldn't get this one.

The new touch has the guts of the 3G S (I presume) and more capacity for your dollar (than the 2G).

The classic has the gigantic hard drive.

The Zune HD has the OLED display, FM/HD radio tuner, and price below the touch for comparable models.

13. stranger danger macrumors member

Whatever you like, it's your money. Besides, think of all the space you'll save for music on that thing now that you won't have to worry about apps :)

14. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

15. bigbossbmb macrumors 68000

bigbossbmb

because not all stations broadcast song/artist info over the air

16. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

If you are computing in an Apple environment (Macs, iTunes, etc.), the Zune isn't nearly as good. In fact, it's rather useless.

Don't believe me? Go ahead and find out the hard way.

17. AJ1BostonMASS macrumors member

I think the Zune HD could be a good product. Only thing is Apple has this market and the average person does not see why to switch when They already have an ipod.

I personally like Zune's I still have my 30gb zune. I dont use it because they dont work on macs without bootcamp etc. So until that day it will be in the box.