I just realised this, thinking about v2.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by ZiggyPastorius, Jun 6, 2008.

1. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

When I upgrade to software 2.0 on my iPod touch, I'm gonna have to unjailbreak it ;.; I want to upgrade, but I have some pretty sweet files on Pokemon and Breath of Fire going that I don't want to lose. Any ideas?

2. BrianFD3S macrumors member

Can you download the files to your computer via FTP?

Info

3. ZiggyPastorius thread starter macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

I can do it with Cyberduck via SSH, I believe. What files should I be looking for? And do I just copy them back in the re-created folders after?

4. BrianFD3S macrumors member

Afraid I can't help you any further than I have done.. if the sysfiles on the iPod are arranged logically they shouldn't be too hard to find though.

5. ZiggyPastorius thread starter macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

All right, thanks a ton :) If anybody does know what the save files are called and where they're located, please tell me, though. Thanks, guys!

6. theking. macrumors newbie

i dont know how to help you (sorry) but i'm sorta new to the touch. i jailbroke mine with ziphone and currently have 1.1.4. so when this 2.0 thing comes out, i'll have to restore my touch and then jailbreak it again? will ziphone have this update thing? because I found their process pretty easy with the help from youtube.

7. ZiggyPastorius thread starter macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

Well, I'm assuming if you make the upgrade to 2.0, it'll be from the iTunes store (right? Can anyone verify/speculate on that?) or whatever, and so you'll have to restore as part of the upgrade to the new firmware. Maybe not, I don't know, but I just assumed yes. They may also put something in to detect jailbreaks and prevent upgrading in the case of, dunno.