I just realized...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Leareth, May 26, 2007.

1. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

that I have a very sad life.

Its my first friday off in a very long time and what am I doing with my time?
    Hanging out on forums and constantly checking my email.

I don't think I know how to relax and not work anymore... arghhh...could have gone out with friends, played computer games, worked on model collection...nope.

I have all this free time and I feel restless.

Anyone else feel that way?

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Yes... although it's Sat. morning here in London, it should be time off for me. But I'm working and dipping into here periodically. Still, shoe shopping is going to be the main leisure highlight this weekend.

The thing about friends as you get older is that they have their own interests as well, including being settled in their relationships. You can't just call up your mates like when you were 17 and say 'whatcha up to?' any more. Meeting up now takes planning, schedules, discussions, compromises.

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Sure- I think a lot of us do. Do yourself a favor. Shut down the computer and go out.

4. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

and that is a sad thing in itself. i guess, that is the down-side of "growing up".

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

So true. But it never hurts to go make new friends. I've been doing that a lot lately. There are a lot more single, fun people out there than you think.

6. Leareth thread starter macrumors 68000

Leareth

I am actually going to go to sleep now.
    How sad...:rolleyes:
    I am exhausted from work and school.
    I think tomorrow I will go out for coffee with some friends < if they will still talk to me :) :p :eek:

7. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Do it. They probably still love you.

Just as a side note- I think a lot of people suffer from internet "addiction". After all, it's easier to type an e-mail, post, etc....rather than actually meet people. Let's not forget that one of the reasons we like the internet so much - meeting the people we talk to. I've met several MR members including scem0, my current squeeze. I hope to meet more- especially our Canadian friends. :)

8. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

There is a big orange plush monster or something outside my neighbor's place I have wanted to take it all night. Thats what I did with my Friday night. So you don't have it all that bad.:D

9. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

As I'm now sixty should I not expect things to have gone full circle? There seems no spontaneity even now.

10. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Hey sounds like everyday of my life without school. If there's no school, I'm the biggest bum. I really don't do anything, so don't feel bad, or atleast don't feel like you're the only one. There's always worse.

11. iGav macrumors G3

It doesn't have to be like that. :)

12. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Ah yes, i was sitting here on the forums friday night wondering where everyone was. Oh wait, there all out at the movies. Of course they invited me but what's a friday night without Macrumors?