I just received two MMS (AT&T)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrat93, Aug 17, 2009.

1. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

I hate to start another MMS thread, but I just received two pictures my friend sent me yesterday via MMS. In the past couple days, I have not been receiving all SMS messages being sent to me, and some people weren't receiving mine. I just tested it out and sent another MMS to myself and it worked! Is it working for anybody else?

EDIT: Tested it five more times. It failed three out of five times.

EDIT 2: After testing this with myself and other people, it works about 90% of the time, generally if it doesn't work, I'll reboot and it will work. It also sends much faster than a few months ago where i did the SIM swapping method.

2. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

3. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

Probably not, considering we need an updated carrier file to send an MMS.
    You must have a modified carrier file, or are jailbroken. Otherwise, there is no way you are able to send an MMS since the little camera icon is not there.

4. natasha69 macrumors 6502

on 3.1, just tried, got rejected. no dice.

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

+1 So, please tell us what you're not telling us.

6. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

aggie, I forgot, the OP could be running 3.1 beta. I keep forgetting about that.

So the OP is:
    1 - On 3.1 beta
    ~or~
    2 - Has a modified carrier file
    ~or~
    3 - Is jailbroken

7. wilderness1957 macrumors regular

could the carrier file be sent out to just certain people for MMS. meaning couold at&t send out the file to just the dev people who are supposed to be running the 3.1

8. mrat93 thread starter macrumors 65816

mrat93

I do have the modified carrier file (5.0) but have done nothing else (change plan, call AT&T, etc.) I am in New Jersey.

9. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

3.1 beta 3 (and beta 2, I believe) includes carrier file 4.5, which enables the sending of messages from the phone. They may or may not be blocked at AT&T's level though. Some developers are having success sending MMS messages, and some are not.

I'm on Long Island. I'm about to load carrier file "5.1" to see if it works for me.

Edit: Nope, still failing for me. Oh well, back to 4.0 for now.

10. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

We have a guy in Baltimore, MD, that has the same setup IIRC. His is working also (it's inoob something). It did stop working for a few days after a month, but it working again.

11. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

speaking of which I mean MMS shouldnt there be another icon appear on my menu? All I have now is the Mail Icon and the Messages Icon.

I assume when AT&T enables MMS there will be another Green Icon for this, am I correct???

12. mrat93 thread starter macrumors 65816

mrat93

Nope, everything is done in Messages.

13. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

Wicked.. the new button you will see is when you open to write a new text, you will see a little camera where when you clikc it it will ask you what media you want to send..

The icons on the home page will be the same

14. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Isn't it cool? MMS on the iPhone is so simple. I love T-Mobile. :p I hate always getting the MMS from others that always say "no subject" and then the message. I think some phones can't make up it's mind if it wants to send an email or MMS. I've never found a reason where a subject is needed on a pic message. :rolleyes::D