I just recently picked up an Iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jdmstar, Sep 22, 2008.

1. jdmstar macrumors member

I just went and picked up a 3g iphone from the AT&T store about a week ago. Now i know they have a 14 day return item but charge 20% Restocking fee.

The phone has a slight bleeding on it, like in dark condtions you can see light leaking out from the side of the case, i dont know if have a defective phone or such.

Should i take it back to AT&T and demand a new one? Or go to APPLE store and see if i can get a replacement.

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Either one would do it. The Restocking Fee is if you just decide you don't want it anymore. If you want it replaced with a new one, you have to go to the place of purchase, otherwise, you go to the Apple Store.

TEG

3. jdmstar thread starter macrumors member

Yea but i know if i go to the apple store they might be a lil more helpful then going to AT&T and having to explain to the wonderful employess why i want to return it, and they wont belive me.

I should just tell the person to take the phone into the bathroom and turn off all the lights and they can see a vivid line of light coming from the where the chrome starts and the glass is on the left hand side.

So your telling me i can only take it back to the place of purchase? and going to the apple store wont help me?

4. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

What I said, that if you are within the 14 days, and you take it to the Apple Store, they will replace it with a refurb, if you take it to the at&t Store, they will replace it with a new one out-of-the-box. So it is up to you to what you want to do.

TEG

5. reliantj macrumors 6502

shoulda got black.

but if you put a case onto it,
    which you should, then you
    won't even notice it.

6. jdmstar thread starter macrumors member

Meh i like it naked.

Its covered in that bodyguardz stuff but i prefer it to be naked.

And ok teg i got what your saying i think ill take it there tomorrow. Since its down the street.

Time to virginize the lil puppy back to stock and exchange it.