I just returned my Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rcon, Sep 10, 2008.

1. rcon macrumors newbie

and ordered the new one. I had purchased it at a Circuit City , which has a 30 day return policy ( I was about 20 days in ) -- no questions asked.
    I had no clue that a new one was coming out and wasn't thrilled with the touch screen volume control -- I use it mainly to watch a lot of videos because I commute daily on the train and with the change in "outside" noise on the train, I found myself having to adjust the volume more often than you'd think.
    When I saw that the new one had the volume control ( plus the speaker , which I think is kind of convinient when just wanting to quickly share something with others ) AND the fact that is less expensive , it was a no-brainer.

2. gsugators macrumors member

Did you have a receipt? I have been trying to return mine but unfortunately I don't have a receipt because it was a birthday gift.

3. rcon thread starter macrumors newbie

yes -- and when I had originally opened it, I was very careful with the packaging ( just something I do just in case -- came in handy this time as I was able to package it back up and present it neatly -- not sure if that even matters )

4. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

What was the point of this thread? You returned your 1st gen ipod touch to CC so you could get the new one. Good for you.

5. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Usually Circuit City can look a receipt up. If it was bought online you can just reprint it. Just explain the circumstance to the giver -- that you want to return the old for the new. I'm sure they'd be cool w/ it and could get you a copy or gift rec't.

6. rcon thread starter macrumors newbie

Because if I had just exceeded the 30 day return policy, I would have been kicking myself for purchasing the 1G so close to the new one being released and the fact that the new one has some features that I found I wanted with the 1G. And there may be someone else in the same scenario.

7. rcon thread starter macrumors newbie

man, welcome to the forum. my first post and i get my ass chewed out.

8. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

One person did...

You're new, and you'll grow thick skin. :rolleyes:

9. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

I didn't mean it like that. No offense. By the way I have been chewed out a number of times on here. Take it with a grain of salt. It is only a message board.

10. Strategy macrumors member

I bought mine at costco on June 14th. Luckily they have a 90 day return policy and I just returned mine yesterday in order to get the new one :)

11. rcon thread starter macrumors newbie

Hog
    No sweat. Not new to forums -- just this one, so no problem.

12. Paul R macrumors newbie

Paul R

Is Costco already carrying the new Ipod Touch 2G? I'm going to return mine too, but I didn't think they already had the new version?

13. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

I would have done the same, but -- and call me crazy -- design wise I actually prefer my Touch 1G. I like that the back isn't curved and that the overall design is very minimalist with only two buttons and with a black frame around the edges, as opposed to the rather blingy stainless steel on the new one. I even like the sound FX better than those on my iPhone 3G, even though the old Touch only emits simple R2D2-esque bleeps. The keyboard click sound is much nicer than the rather clunky one. I won't replace it with a 2G unless it breaks down or something.

14. Strategy macrumors member

No they dont have it. I meant I returned it to get the new one, but not at Costco.

15. Raytheon117 macrumors newbie

Good move! Now you can get the updated 2G :) Yeah something similar to this would have happened to me had I not done a bit more research. Oddly enough I stumbled upon this site and with all the rumors, it helped me to make a good decision to wait.

We'll see how it is when the 16GB i ordered gets here on Tuesday. :D

16. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

??? - How DID you mean it? You marginilized someone for telling us what he did.