I just sat on my MBA screen side up!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Miltz, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Miltz macrumors 6502a

When I was done using my MBA, I closed the lid and put it on chair because the table was full... About an hour later I go to sit down. I thought I sat on one of my sister's texts books from school, as I go to pull it out I discover it was my MBA. I completely forgot it was on the chair. Since I put all my weight on it I thought I broke the screen. Well... it was perfect, nothing happened. If this had to my previous Sony Vaio the screen would have definitely broken because it was so flexible. Great build quality :apple:!

2. dizmonk macrumors regular

Good for you... I'm glad nothing bad happened. That's' reassuring as I'm waiting for my refurbed MBA to arrive tomorrow.

3. DisplacedMic macrumors 65816

your butt is lighter than air - nice job!
    :D

4. Miltz thread starter macrumors 6502a

LMAO! I'm 5"11 and 160lbs.

5. bigeasy_uk macrumors 6502

i found my 3 year old nephew standing on my 15" powerbook once, I was using it in the lounge and put it on the floor to answer the door. he ran in as he usually does and by the time me and my brother got to the lounge he was just standing on it. My heart stopped for a couple of seconds I think. I opened it up slowly expecting broken bits to fall out, it was fine! no damage at all.

6. yinz macrumors 6502a

I don't understand what you mean by screen side up if you closed the lid. Wouldn't that make it screen side down?

7. RightMACatU macrumors 65816

RightMACatU

We always love happy endings, just like a Disney movie :D
    So MBAs can take 160 Lbs pressure ;)

8. Miltz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Let me clarify. With the laptop closed, the screen side was facing up.

9. yinz macrumors 6502a

Oh, so the laptop logo was facing down? I don't think the MBA will break that easily. I fall asleep on my laptop all of the time. It seems too sturdy to break from a mere mortal human sitting on it. I think it'll take more than that.