i Just talked to AT&T! :)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tidybc, Oct 8, 2011.

1. tidybc macrumors 6502

EVERYONE WHO PRE-ORDERED THE IPHONE 4S BEFORE 5PM YESTERDAY WILL RECEIVE IT ON OR BEFORE OCT 14:D

:apple:APPLE:apple:

2. bmms8 macrumors 68020

this thread got me laughing..

i hope its true though. i placed my order 24 hours ago over the phone, nothing showed up online yet, nor have i gotten an email

3. tidybc thread starter macrumors 6502

i got may conf email 2 minutes after i pre-ordered the iphone

4. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

I ordered in store. got email about 10 minutes after

5. ectlu93 macrumors member

ectlu93

Pre ordered my iPhone on att site at 4:33am got the first email seconds later. Got the 2nd email this morning. Things looking good on my side
    :)

6. bmms8 macrumors 68020

damn, i havent gotten anything. i did confirm with them by calling later in the day, but id be much happier with an email from them. hopefully by tonight the order status will be up online.

7. tidybc thread starter macrumors 6502

what does the second email says?

8. phina macrumors newbie

I placed my order yesterday morning about 6:30am, received a confirmation email. Now today finally my order status is online but says order date of today.

9. Middiebear macrumors member

The internal memo AT&T employees received was that all orders placed after 4 PM EST on Oct. 7th would be delivered within 14-21 days.

Any pre-orders I'd recommend doing online because it's too easy for the CSRs to mess up the order. You also have to accept a Ts and Cs email when you pre-order with a CSR.

Also, AT&T CSRs hardly have any information about the pre-orders. Tons of customers calling in yesterday about checking the status but our billing systems haven't updated with the information because all of the orders are too new.

Wait until mid-next week to inquire about your order and use your self service options to track the order. And please don't call regular customer service to inquire about your order if you pre-ordered online...

Call premier, they're the correct department you have to speak to and they're closed on the weekends.

10. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

In 4 years of iPhone releases, there are few absolutes, one of them being that a single AT&T representative who makes blanket statements about shipment dates and/or availablity is misinformed 99.9% of the time. Another is that newbies who relay these blanket statements in all caps are wrong 199.9% of the time.

11. RobT macrumors 6502a

RobT

I placed my order 4:34 a.m. EST on 10/7 and received my first e-mail immediately, then one at 4:34 p.m. (exactly 12 hours later), then on today at 10:16 a.m. today. The last two e-mails are identical saying my order has been processed. Credit card has full purchase price "pending." Nice to have almost too much communication for a change.

12. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Ahhhhh, Macrumors wisdom from a veteran! This is so true....

13. Starter69 macrumors newbie

A friend of mine works for att in Michigan and he said they received a notice through their point of sale system around 10am that at that immediate point in time of reading the notice that all further iPhone preorders will be 14-21 days. He Aldo received an email that stores in his market are getting more iPhones in stock on the 14th than any previous launch before. His manager said he would be surprised to see anything less than 80-100 come to his store based on info he received and they are a lower volume store.

14. ectlu93 macrumors member

ectlu93

Congratulations! With AT&T, you get the nations’ fastest mobile broadband network* and the best coverage worldwide - more phones that work in more countries**.

We have processed your order and it has been sent to our warehouse for shipment.

Your order cannot be changed or canceled at this time.

We’ll send you a confirmation email as soon as your order ships. Check your order status online at www.att.com/wirelessorderstatus. Note if your order was placed within the past 24 hours, the order information may not yet be available.

Thank you,

AT&T

15. truthiness macrumors regular

I'm still not convinced it's based on when you placed your order. I ordered at 9AM, but my email from ATT came after 7pm. So is it based on when I ordered or when ATT got through their stack of orders and processed it?

I called ATT and they could not confirm either scenario 100%