I just tried on the Apple Watch Today

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by bige12, Apr 16, 2015.

1. bige12 macrumors 6502

bige12

I had a appointment for 1:15pm today, and I show and the store is not busy and one guy comes up and asks me what I as there for and I told him the Apple watch, then there was a another that was next to him. so since there was no else trying on watches they took me early

I went to the Apple Store to try on the Apple Watch the 42mm stainless steel version They did not have the 42mm SS with the black sports band, but I tried a 42mm Watch Sport with the black band, and the watch and band felt good, Then I tried the Apple watch the SS with Milanese Loop band, and that band felt good as well, then I tried the the Classice Buckle the leather band that felt good as well, that was with the stainless steel watch then I also tried on the link bracelet, they are took some of the links off of the link bracelet, and that felt good as well, but I kind of noticed since you have everything made of stainless steel it is a bit heavier. I also tried the 38, and to me the screen the small. The apple employee that was helping me said the 42mm stainless steel with the black sports band was a good choice, The apple store that i went to was the Fair Oaks Mall, in Virginia, and that store was not that busy, I think the Genius bar was the only part that was busy

Sorry I did not take any pictures, I was surprised on how nice the screen was on the watch.

2. LowesChevy48 macrumors member

LowesChevy48

3. bige12 thread starter macrumors 6502

bige12

I did pre-order on April 10 like right when the pre-orders started I ordered the Apple watch 42mm SS ( Stainless Steel) with the black sports band, and I also order the Milanese Loop band as a extra band, so just incase if I need to get dressed up nicely, I have a nicer band to put on the watch.

My order confirmation came at 3:07am EDT( Eastern Daylight Time), my delivery estimate is the 4/24 to 5/8

4. LowesChevy48 macrumors member

LowesChevy48

heck ya! Hope you are just as excited as me to receive the watch

5. NocturnalJazz macrumors regular

Exact same order and thinking as you buddy! Here's to 4/24!!!

6. itsMacTonight macrumors 6502

itsMacTonight

Oh yeah! Same order except I ordered the 42mm SS Milanese and an extra black band with space grey SS pin. I liked the space grey pin a little better the the regular SS pin on the black sports band.

7. bige12 thread starter macrumors 6502

bige12

I'm getting excited also I can't wait for the 24th to come, I kind of ask my work if I could get that friday off as one of my days off.

8. frumpy16 macrumors 6502a

frumpy16

Yeah, totes. Just live chat with Apple and post a screen grab here.

9. dexterbell macrumors 6502a

So you still need an appointment to try on the watches? where do you make an appointment?

10. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

On the Apple Store site in the watch section.

11. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

Weird that they didn't put the sports band on the SS for you, that's what I ordered too and when I told the guy that he swapped them out for me.

12. dexterbell macrumors 6502a

Never thought of that! No wait, I did. All I see are links to watch videos, see all the watches, pre-order, lots of pics and info on how to buy. Zero on how to make an appointment...

13. Q Bert macrumors regular

Q Bert

igo to concierge.apple.com

14. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Did you go to the store site? Not the apple.com site, the store.apple.com.

15. dexterbell macrumors 6502a

Got it, thanks!

16. bige12 thread starter macrumors 6502

bige12

You will be surprised on how small the 38mm on compared to the 42 when you see it in person, the photos do not do justice.

17. frumpy16 macrumors 6502a

frumpy16

Just look on the Apple store app. The faces are shown at exact size.

18. bige12 thread starter macrumors 6502

bige12

I actually tried on both watches in person and the 38mm is small. I really liked the 42mm better then the 38.

19. frumpy16 macrumors 6502a

frumpy16

Yeah same here. 42mm is the only way if you're an athletic guy with any musculature