Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mesogreat

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
After installing the latest update my friends iTunes login comes up in the app store. So I looked around and saw a few things to try. I synced it after logging in and out of the store. Ive trying so many things and no matter what that old login will not go away. I have the new one in every spot. I honestly have no idea how it even came back. Oh I had this happen with 4.3.1 jail broken update.

Siggen

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2011
Oslo, Norway
Open up app store on your iPad, go into Featured, the scroll all the way down, click account and logh out.

Edit:
This has nothing to do with jailbreaking. It has to do with you and your friend connecting your iDevices to each others computers, and actually syncing or something. This may also happen if you activate the iDevice with someone elss computer and other things.

mesogreat

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
It didn't work. I Even tried to log out and not log back in to see what would happen. It asked for the password for the old account very time.

mesogreat

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
A little update. I notice it only happens when I try to update an app. If I get a new one it sees my other log in account.

JxM

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2011
Stillwater
That signals to me that you may have synced his apps on to your iPad. Therefore when the AppStore show that it has updates available, it will update your apps (after logging in) and when it attempts to update the other apps (it requires his/hers account log in info as well. Happened to me before and the only way i found to get rid of that annoyance is to uninstall those apps and redownload them while you are logged into your account.

gtmac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2010
That signals to me that you may have synced his apps on to your iPad. Therefore when the AppStore show that it has updates available, it will update your apps (after logging in) and when it attempts to update the other apps (it requires his/hers account log in info as well. Happened to me before and the only way i found to get rid of that annoyance is to uninstall those apps and redownload them while you are logged into your account.

This is correct.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.