I just updated my OS to 10.7.1

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Hamilton1963, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Hamilton1963 macrumors regular

I hope this update will fix some of the problems I've been having.

2. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

What have been your problems? I just did too...

3. Hamilton1963 thread starter macrumors regular

Sometimes it freeze after it wake from sleep and also the internet stop working.

4. Bloodraw850 macrumors 6502

Bloodraw850

just updated my myself, seems fine now hope it last :D

5. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Can anyone confirm if the video freeze (when the iMac wakes from full sleep--meaning the harddrive was in sleep mode--does the iMac freeze when trying to play video. It happens with anything video related: iTunes video, QuickTime, Flash, iMovie, etc.) is fixed?

6. AbeFroman77 macrumors 6502

That's what people are reporting in that 70+ thread on Apple Discussions.

7. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

Updated to 10.7.1 this morning and has been testing it in a couple of hours.

Honestly, I don't feel anything different with this update. Maybe I don't need it. But alas, it was just a 17.4MB update .. I can't expect something big from it.

I didn't have video freeze problems as on 10.7 like many has mentioned before (I think I got lucky and for that I'm eternally grateful :p) and still good on 7.1 .. no problem

My GPU temp remains high though, even on idling .. it keeps hanging around 60 - 70C on iStat :(

WiFi connection has been stable for me even before update. Again I think I have a quite good machine. The only problem remaining is hot GPU .. and this update still don't fix that .. or it does supposed to be hot than usual, well I don't know :(

8. raver001 macrumors newbie

raver001

10.7.1 update didn't fix my issue.

When opening App Store it freezes. Also when ever I click on anything on App Store it freezes and have to wait around 30 secs for the next page to load.

GPU is still very hot too..

Not the greatest of updates, I feel that Snow Leopard performed much better than Lion.. Kinda want to downgrade.

9. Macknife macrumors newbie

Theres a developer release of 10.7.2 floating around out there for the daring.

10. jji7skyline macrumors 6502

jji7skyline

I also have the GPU over-heating problem as well as the memory controller, but try SMC fan control... it should help at least a bit :)