I just want them to Remake FF7

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by iBunny, Aug 22, 2007.

1. iBunny macrumors 65816

I dont care on what system. I dont care how much it costs.

I will spend $$$ on the System, and the Game.

I will:

1) Take off work to wait in line to preorder

2) Take out a loan to get a PS3 if need be, and the "Collectors Edition" of the Game.

3) Take time off work when it is released to play the game the entire way through again, the DAY it is released.

4) Die a happy, happy man.

:apple: Good night all, Just wanted to share :D

2. vicious7 macrumors 6502a

vicious7

3. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

If they re-released Tactics, I'd probably shell out for whichever console they port it to.

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I wouldn't want them to, and I don't think they will. It'd make them a lot of money for sure, but if it's not as good as the original (as remakes rarely are, imagine if they lost the charm of FF7 - ouch) imagine the backlash from the die hard fans?

It's probably a similar reason as to why we won't see a remake of Ocarina of Time.

Obviously it'll hit the ground running on that PS3 download thingy. Probably overtaking downloads for everything else in the first few hours of its release.

Besides - I thought FF7 was perfect already, if it's so good why the need to remake it ;)

5. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

Why not just buy a PS1 and the game? I don't get why people always want remakes of games for other systems.

Can't the PS3 play PS1 games? Wouldn't that be the best way to get it? That way you can play that game and any future games as well.

6. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

And I just want them to make something original for a change ^_^
    (Quit milking the cow SE!)

That being said, FFVII will probably be remade sooner than later. FFIII has already been done and they're almost done with the 3D remake of FFIV. It's easy money for SE so I don't see why they wouldn't go all the way to FFVII. (They're also applying the same treatmant to Dragon Quest)

Then go get yourself a PSP son ;)
    Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions (Shipping: 10/9/07)
    Oh! And if you're into Tactical RPGs, you might want to have a look at Jeanne d'Arc (PSP). You should avoid Luminous Arc (DS), I was disappointed.

7. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

Funny, I just want them to bury FF7.
    <----- hates FF7

8. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

I'm almost up for that, but only if they keep the original OST - the FFVII victory theme was by far the best (yup, I've mentally ranked all the FF victory themes...:eek:)

9. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

I have final fantasy Tactics for my PSP, its a great game. I havent had nearly enough time to play it as i would like, but one day ill just be *cough* sick *cough* and play games all day.

The new Ape Escape for the PSP is pretty cool too.

Ed

10. Wayfarer macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

I wouldn't mind a FF7 remake, but considering a lot of work went into that game... including at all that pre-rendered artwork of countless locations, I bet a remake would take an immense amount of time and effort.

As of right now I have my fingers crossed for Final Fantasy 13 to feed my FF cravings. :rolleyes:

11. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

Sacriledge!
    The 16-bit fanfare sound on FFIV/FFVI is the best! :p
    <----- really really hates FFVII

Seriously, I do not see how people like that game unless it was the first FF they've ever played, to which I would reply "go play older ones, you'll think 7 sucks".

Here's the game in a nutshell.

-Cloud is emo and therefore has big hair and a bigger sword.
    -Aeris dies by Sephiroth's emo rage.
    -Barret (or Barrel as they were originally going to call him) uses ebonics and other stereotypical african-american sayings.
    -Tifa generally says dumb things and uses her boobies to keep you interested.
    -Vincent Valentine is ultra-emo yet silent so he's cool.
    -Red XIII is the wise one but he's a dog and you can't trust a dog.
    -Yuffie is HIGHLY annoying, as is Cait Sith.
    -Cid is...Cid.
    -Reno and Rude rule.
    -Shinra is bad, "because good is dumb". [Spaceballs FTW]

There's FF7 in a nutshell.

Advent Children was halfassedly decent, only because Tifa was hot, Reno and Rude were hilarious, and Kadaj, Loz and Yazoo were much better 'bad guy' characters than Sephiroth ever was. (Yazoo being my favorite because Kadaj was quite emo himself.)

I'll never get this love people have for FF7. Never. :confused:
    There are so many better FF games out there with better casts and better stories.

12. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

T, FTFY.

13. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Whoa!

Where's my tactics game for DS?! :mad:

;)

14. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Yeah. I'm sad that both Luminous Arc and Hoshigami Remix failed to meet expectations.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2 is on its way for the DS. I hope they fixed the little annoyances that made FF Tactics Advance inferior to the original FF Tactics.

By the looks of some of the screenshots, Archaic Sealed Heat (ASH) looks like a Tactical RPG. (Also for DS, from the creator of Final Fantasy)

I will keep an eye on Panzer Tactics although it looks more like an 'Advance Wars' kind of Tactical sim. (Dare I say clone?)

As for my opinion on FFVII? Decent game but not my favorite FF. Loved the game mechanics, music was above average, disliked the storyline and characters. Graphics were amazing for its time.

15. ChrisK018 macrumors regular

I don't understand why people like crappy music and movies-- but that's because everyone's personal tastes are different. Despite my superior taste (sarcasm) and all the explanations I could provide to convince some noob that one band sucks and another is better it usually does not work.

You can break down the lameness of each dopey RPG character archetype perpetuated in FF7, but I don't think you will convince FF7 lovers to change.

FF7 was the first one I played, so I went back and played the earlier ones, and have more or less played all the newer ones since. Really liked XII, but VII, despite all its goofyness, will always have a soft spot for me. The earlier ones aren't all that mind-blowingly better or less contrived.