I just won a 20 year anniversary edition PS4!

Taustin Powers

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 5, 2005
Holy carp, this may be the first time in my life that I win anything! :D

I'll probably put my black PS4 on Ebay and use the limited edition, but I haven't decided yet - just got the email five minutes ago!

Taustin Powers

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 5, 2005
Nah, I really only have use for one PS4. Options are:

a) Sell limited edition on Ebay for big bucks
b) Sell black PS4 on Ebay and keep limited edition for myself

I'm heavily leaning towards option b.

Antares

macrumors 68000
Nah, I really only have use for one PS4. Options are:

a) Sell limited edition on Ebay for big bucks
b) Sell black PS4 on Ebay and keep limited edition for myself

I'm heavily leaning towards option b.
c) Hold a MacRumors Console Games forum contest with the Limited Edition PS4 as a prize

d) Offer either PS4 to a longtime MacRumors Console Games forum member who doesn't own a PS4, yet (like myself) at a nice discount (say 50% off?).

Congratulations, by the way!

blesscheese

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
Central CA
Hey, it's great to hear that somebody nice wins something!

I'd say I never win anything, but I did win a game of bingo...once...in 3rd grade, LOL!

Taustin Powers

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 5, 2005
c) Hold a MacRumors Console Games forum contest with the Limited Edition PS4 as a prize!
Haha, sure. So the first time in my life that I actually win something, and it's something completely awesome that can't be bought in stores and has an Ebay value of roughly 2k bucks. Giving it away to some person I have never met before is not exactly the first idea that comes to mind... ;)

I decided I will keep the limited edition myself and use it as my normal PS4 (as opposed to keeping it shrink-wrapped to conserve its value). I actually owned the original Playstation 20 years ago, and have owned every Playstation that came after it, so this really means something to me.

I will sell my black PS4, probably to a personal friend for a friendly price. :)

Last edited:

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
I decided I will keep the limited edition myself and use it as my normal PS4 (as opposed to keeping it shrink-wrapped to conserve its value). I actually owned the original Playstation 20 years ago, and have owned every Playstation that came after it, so this really means something to me.

I will sell my black PS4, probably to a personal friend for a friendly price. :)
:eek:

*runs off screaming*

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
Incredibly jealous. I tried and failed miserably to get hold of one, gave up in the end :mad:

Also kudos for actually keeping the console and using it. I grew up with the original Playstation too so would have done the same.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Oh neat! A local buddy managed to get one too.
I didn't try and get one. As much as I love the PS4 I think the black one still looks the best.

lra108

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2013
Congrats on the win!!!
I'm thinking of getting a PS4 myself,not sure though,I'm just a casual gamer:D

Taustin Powers

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 5, 2005
I set it up last weekend, everything works perfectly. Still need to hook up the camera.

But of course, I have had no time whatsoever to play since I got it up and running!

Sold my black PS4 to a good friend for a very friendly price.

The.316

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2010
25100 GR
For the price that they are going for right now, I would have held on to it for a bit, and sold it eventually.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.