I keep getting connection lost on my trackpad

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by steve knight, May 12, 2012.

1. steve knight, May 12, 2012
    Last edited: May 12, 2012

steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

it used to happen once in awhile now it is happening every few minutes. but now to know is it my mac mini or the trackpad? I don't have any other Bluetooth devices to test it.

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Install fresh batteries into the trackpad or remove and re-pair the trackpad to your Mac. If the issue persists, try using the trackpad with a system at an Apple Store if you have one on the area and see if it disconnects when in use.

3. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

have done the battery thing. that seems to get it connected. if I don't remove the batteries it won't reconnect. So that tells me trackpad. but it has been connected since last night so it is pretty random.

4. Howard54 macrumors member

I am having the exact same problem with my Magic Trackpad, and it is only a few months old. Installing new batteries did not help. If I restart my Mac Mini the Trackpad connects. It will work for a while and then randomly lose connection.

When it disconnects, if I go to the System Preferences Pane and click on the Trackpad icon nothing happens. Also, if it is disconnected and I click on the Bluetooth icon in System Preferences I get the spinning beach ball and either have to force quit it or restart the computer. Both icons work fine when the Trackpad is connected.

I have no other Bluetooth peripherals paired with my Mac Mini and I have not made any changes to the system recently.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

5. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

removing the battery and reconnecting works. so I am thinking it is a trackpad deal.

6. Jonathansm macrumors member

Jonathansm

Are you by any microwaves? Or anything that can cause interference?