I keep getting girl advice from 339-99.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jade Cambell, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Jade Cambell macrumors 6502

How do I stop this? I keep getting texts from 339-99. Is it a private person? Or is that a machine? It seems like a machine, because it keeps repeating some of the same stuff over and over again.

2. Puck. macrumors member

Puck.

Text back that you're a homosexual male.

3. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

just make sure they aren't charging you. Usually texting services cost $1 a text or more.

4. PatrickC macrumors member

Sounds like one of your friends signed you up as a joke!

5. gr8ful macrumors member

From an article about the subject:

"Q: What can I do if I get an unwanted text message?

A: Report unwanted text messages to the Federal Communications Commission at fcc.gov/cgb/complaints.html or 888-225-5322.

Try contacting your wireless carrier and asking for a refund of that spam; some companies, such as Verizon Wireless, will refund that message cost if you're not already on a text-messaging plan."

I would also add, see what at&t can do to permanently block the number generating the spam text. I would not text back, you will likely be charged and that would just be one more thing to try and deal with.

6. Jade Cambell thread starter macrumors 6502

I just texted back saying "Stop texting me! I will sue!" and within a few minutes, I got a text back saying "U have now been unsubscribed from the my 1 pure love service. Email 33999@sms-helpdesk.com 4 support"

Thanks! :)

7. calvy macrumors 65816

haha, that's hilarious. glad you got it ended though. well hopefully anyway.

What's girl advice anyway? Are they trying to teach you what happens during puberty or something?

8. Jade Cambell thread starter macrumors 6502

I just deleted all the messages from my phone, but they were stuff like this:

"P. Diddy can get away with shades inside after dark. You can't. It looks self involved, plus girls want to see your EYES!"

or

"Whatever you do, DON'T look at another woman while talking to her. It's rude, it makes her feel like a piece of meat, and it kills any chance you had."

I can't remember much else.. haha.

9. tico24 macrumors 6502

tico24

In the UK, you have to be able to text the word 'STOP' in reply to any of these spammy text messages.

I guess the same thing happened here.

10. adauge macrumors regular

adauge

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

yeah I got a spam text too. What I don't get is how they Got my number. Its a brand new phone and I've only given it to family and some friends so far. So it had to be apple or att that gave them the number.

11. Jade Cambell thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, I know why I got subscribed to it. I signed up for one of those "text me my fortune" things online. I know, it was dumb.

But they've unsubscribed me, so hopefully I won't be getting anymore.

12. MobileMessenger macrumors newbie

Help from Mobile Messenger

We at Mobile Messenger would like to assist you with your concern or complaint. If you need assistance in regards to being unsubscribed or other related issues, please do not hesitate to contact us. Please call 1-800-416-6129 Monday to Friday 0600 – 1800 US Pacific Time or email escalationsus@sms-helpdesk.com

Denise
    Mobile Messenger

13. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

14. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

LMAO...He was a referral!!! :D

15. hotsauce macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Apple Communication Device: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

How do I subscribe? That's some good advice :)

16. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced