I keep mis-clicking the red "close" button.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Arganos0, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Arganos0 macrumors member

Guys,

I don't know if any of you have this problem, but often when I try to close an app, and I click the red button in the upper left corner of the screen, i somehow click the minimize button, causing the screen to go into the lower right corner of my screen (dock is on the right side) Is there any way to move the three buttons further away from each other or something else, like increasing sensitivity, whatever? Because it's annoying as hell. This is one of my only problems with leopard, that I keep hitting the yellow button.

Thanks

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can't move them. You just need to be more accurate with your mouse clicks. Or use Command-M to minimize, Command-W to close.

3. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

maybe you should use the keyboard shortcut to close windows : cmd-w

4. numbersyx macrumors 65816

numbersyx

Use command W or the menu button. I've never heard of this complaint before...!!!

5. 01jamcon macrumors 6502a

01jamcon

I guess you might have to try getting used to keyboard shortcuts. I just had a quick look under Universal Access in the system prefs, afraid theres not much there to really help you. Only thing I can kinda think of is zooming in, but that just wouldn't be practical most of the time.

6. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Themes often rearrange/resize the buttons, but the trend is to make them smaller rather than larger. Anyway, from the sound of it, theming for Leopard is tough going.

7. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Yea, it's easy to modify small, certain aspects of Leopard; such as scrollbars, icons, dock appearance. It's very hard to mod the entire UI of Leopard. I suggest to the OP, to use keyboard shortcuts or set the mouse tracking rate a little slower.

8. ikermalli macrumors 6502a

Shortcuts are the easiest, I usually use Command W and Command Q, thanks for telling us about Command M ggstudios. Is there a way to bring it back up? That would be great, it would let you get around the mac so much faster