I keep refreshing the FedEx tracking page

Gatecitybee

macrumors member
Dec 24, 2011
Greensboro, NC
Don't let the too-cool-for-school crowd get you down. You're not the only one that's excited. I've looked at the shipping information once a day since I got it. There's no shame in being excited about something. Why someone would want to rain on your parade is the head scratcher.

RowellE

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 5, 2012
Wow, tough crowd.

This is my first iPad. I'm freakin' excited.

Those who are telling me to grow up or get a life are probably the ones who wait in line HOURS before launch. I pre-ordered and having it shipped to me.

Oh, I'm also a MacRumors forum newbie. Thanks everyone for the great welcome.

zpilot

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
Wow, tough crowd.

This is my first iPad. I'm freakin' excited.

Those who are telling me to grow up or get a life are probably the ones who wait in line HOURS before launch. I pre-ordered and having it shipped to me.

Oh, I'm also a MacRumors forum newbie. Thanks everyone for the great welcome.
Do what most of us are doing. We're camping out at our local Fedex shipping facility to get our iPads right off the trucks when they are loading from the freighters to the smaller local delivery trucks. Better than sitting at home and refreshing the tracking number page. Be proactive! ;)

Jason S.

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2007
Pennsylvania
That app looks nice. Is it worth it? I use Delivery Status Pro right now and they added notification, but I have yet to receive even a single notification from that app. Not sure what they exactly added notifications for because they don't work.
You need to have the Delivery Status dashboard widget installed on your Mac and set up for syncing in order to get the push notifications.

Also, RowellE, welcome to the forums! :)

M5RahuL

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2009
Colorado

Anyone else obsessed like me and keep refreshing the FedEx tracking page?

Some of us haven't lost our sanity yet!! :rolleyes:

Step away from the computer once in a while, and enjoy the real life! It's much bigger and better than tracking a silly gadget that really adds no substantial value to your life!!

Jason S.

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2007
Pennsylvania
I have the Deliveries widget. I don't know if the app has more features, but I assume t does since it cost $4.99, and the widget is free. The widget doesn't send notifications, but will track packages just about anywhere with a tracking number.

Free is good!:D
The widget uses Growl for desktop notifications. One just popped up on my screen a few minutes ago.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
The widget uses Growl for desktop notifications. One just popped up on my screen a few minutes ago.
Thanks for the info. I keep reading about Growl, going to have a good look at it.

Thanks again...:D

EDIT: Just went to App Store and read the reviews of the current version. Not too laudatory, and, my goodness, it cost $1.99!

Last edited:

Jnava420

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2011
Lincoln, NE
Haters

Dude let the haters hate i check mine about 4 times through out the day just for the hell of it, it takes 2 minutes to track a package....leave the dude alone im just as excited and its my 3rd Ipad, telling him to grow up and get a life.....seems like your doing alot with your oh so precious time.

NameUndecided

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2011
I used to do the same thing if I was expecting a package that I was very very excited for. Maybe I still would. I just haven't ordered something online that I was that excited for since my first MacBook a few years ago.

Tracking a package takes a few clicks while you're just sitting at your computer anyway. The insinuation that a person needs to "go outside" is ridiculous. The same could be said by some wise-ass about how often you check your email or Facebook or this forum or whatever other sites.

If you are in the vast minority of people who don't mindlessly re-check one thing or another on your internet-device so long as you've got it around anyway, then you're still the weird person that tells a person on an internet forum to "get a life" because he dicks around on the internet in a slightly different way than you do.

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Oct 31, 2010
lol you're not alone, a huge majority probably do the same thing for any item :) I know i used to do it for TEXTBOOKS [though it was probably a few times a day]!!! (and that's plain sad :D)
But in the end, i would get over it, check before i go to sleep, after i wake up, and sometime mid-day. Just keep your mind busy, your excitement for the iPad might actually die down until the day before the arrival :D

hope you enjoy your new iPad! oh and Welcome to MacRumors, we hope you enjoy your stay.... FOREVER!

bjmach

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2008
Its gonna sit where it is until Weds or Thursday night and then ship overnight to your local Fed Ex. So checking now till then is pointless

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
FedEx is pretty good about delivery packages when they are suppose to.

Mine is originating from 60 miles away, so it will probably will be in my delivery hub by tomorrow or the day after.

BBman

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2012
I stopped checking simply because its not even near the scheduled delivery date. I will resume checking this upcoming wednesday in hopes of early delivery.

njgeek

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2011
Yeah this is killing me. Just got shipment notice from Apple and see that it's been picked up by Fedex in Middletown, PA only 2.5 hours by car from me. Yet the delivery still shows as Thursday!

I hope someone at Fedex screws up. Damn Apple and their special "release day" arrangements.

Dillenger

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2006
Central, Illinois
Theres an app called "posted" in the AppStore

Sends you push notifications from the Carrier from any country. Along with the ones here USPS,ups,fedex & more

When your ipad gets scanned some where you will get a push notification with that status

They have a free trial version of the app , try it out

Just enter the tracking number , and u dont ever have to check fedex again, the app will send you status updates as they happen

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/posted/id355963410?mt=8
Thanks, and it's on sale this weekend for $1.99, I just snagged it.

doboy

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2007
For all we know we are just waiting a week for this to happen!

I'll be waiting on the porch.

----------

Yeah this is killing me. Just got shipment notice from Apple and see that it's been picked up by Fedex in Middletown, PA only 2.5 hours by car from me. Yet the delivery still shows as Thursday!

I hope someone at Fedex screws up. Damn Apple and their special "release day" arrangements.
Put it this way, if there was no way to delay delivery, Apple wouldn't have shipped it this early. :)

jackc

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2003

You need to steal it from the truck and leave a note -- "don't worry, I paid for it"