I keep wondering

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mbpowner, Nov 22, 2016.

1. mbpowner macrumors regular

whether i made the right decision to get the 2015 macbook pro (already months ago btw).

Whenever i play even simple games, high resolutions kill my laptop with heat, as in the fan is crazy loud and the laptop gets crazy hot

Does this happen on high end windows machines as well? I assumed my mac would be no fan noise at all but it gets realy loud when i play games

2. Zazoh macrumors 6502a

Zazoh

With the advances in stand alone game consoles like Playstation or Xbox, if you need a high end system, you can save about $1,000 by selecting a console system instead of a computer.

But yes, if a task is CPU intensive, heat is generated regardless of the OS.

3. mbpowner thread starter macrumors regular

4. Teon macrumors regular

Teon

It had the same problem when I was playing a game on my old hospital PC (not Mac). I solved the problem - I wore headphones and heard a noise =).

5. mbpowner thread starter macrumors regular

I have a phobia of headphones

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Laptops, especially MBPs are not gaming machines, they really don't handle the demands of most games, so there's not much I can offer other then that your experience will typically be that of general disappointment.

7. mbpowner thread starter macrumors regular

Why are windows laptops better in your opinion?

The main use of my mbp is app development

8. TMRJIJ macrumors 68020

TMRJIJ

Macs in general are usually built with workstation mobile GPUs so they are designed to work well in the Music and Photography departments but not in gaming.
    Not to mention, Game Companies focus on Windows and the Console OS because they more commonly used in the market.

9. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

Run all games at 1080p and med to high settings tops and it'll run most games just fine, even top gaming laptops struggle at higher resolutions. All laptops heat up when running games as they use both the CPU And GPU heavily that's the current state of technology.

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Choice. You can opt for better CPUs, GPUs, designs, better keyboard, and ports. Whether you want a gaming machine from Alienware.

Also Directx is a so much better as well

11. MadMarketer macrumors newbie

MadMarketer