I knew I wasn't the only one - iPhone 5s screen is terrible

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bbplayer5, Oct 23, 2013.

1. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Disclaimer: Might not be EVERY phone, but it is effecting a lot of them.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5382218?start=0&tstart=0

This describes perfectly what I am seeing. The screen is not a retina display by any stretch of the imagination. I see a screen door effect on anything I view, and its even worse on video. Taking the phone to a store only results in them denying there is an issue. My iPhone 5 screen was like looking at a magazine... flawless. This thing? This looks like a terrible pentile matrix LCD screen you'd see on an out dated android phone.

Is there anything I can do about this??? Honestly makes me want to just sell the phone on eBay and look for something else.

2. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

Take some screen shots of the phone when you see that behavior displayed. Take that proof back to the Apple store along with your iPhone.

Complaining to us accomplishes nothing productive for you.

3. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

I'm experiencing the same thing - specifically the "screen door" effect, which perfectly describes it.

Not really something you'd expect after spending hundreds of dollars on a device.

4. bbplayer5 thread starter macrumors 68030

I did, they said "I dont see anything"...

5. ItBeMe22 macrumors 6502

ItBeMe22

Well are you the only person that can see this. Or when you are in the Apple store if you to ask 5 other people to look at it, would they see it to.:confused: