I know everyone asks but...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jcspeck, Apr 6, 2012.

  1. jcspeck macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2008
    Location:
    Texas
    #1
    I am looking to upgrade my late 2008 unibody 15" MBP to an MBA, looking at the higher end 13" with the proc upgrade. My main questions are should I just wait, do we still believe there will be a 15" air or air type model? What do you think I can get if I chose to sell this model, I have upgraded the HD to a WD scorpio blue 500GB, and replaced the stock 2 GB ram with 4GB. My main use of this machine has always been just internet, gaming, and working on spreadsheets, now that I'm back in school, I use it for notes too. I have a 27" iMac at home, but just really like the portability that the air gives, and it will significantly lighten my bags load.
     
  2. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

    charlieegan3

    Joined:
    Feb 16, 2012
    Location:
    U.K
    #2
    i would wait, unless you really can't carry that bag...
     
  3. maflynn Moderator

    maflynn

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    Location:
    Boston
    #3
    We're at the cusp of a MBP refresh. Ivy Bridge (intel's new chipset) is being released at the end of the month and its possible apple may get an early shipment of these for an early release of the MBPs.

    Rumors are abound of when it will, all at once (all models) or staged. The MBPs have a faster CPU, GPU, more ports and its ram is upgradeable. The MBA's strength is its size and its amazingly quick given its tiny size. Whether apple releases a 15" is anyone's guess so waiting is your best bet
     
  4. lc25 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2009
    #4
    Do you need it NOW ? id say no so wait just a little while longer

    If you have no other option and need to hand work in or something then buy one.

    Or wait as long as you can buy one wait 13 days return it buy another wait 13 days and return it and so on......
     

Share This Page