I know, is this question again...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by andrewxie, Sep 17, 2014.

1. andrewxie macrumors member

I've read a few threads about when to line up at the Apple stores. However, since there are already tons of preorders for both models, wouldn't that means less people are going to wait outside the stores though? Last year was different for the 5s, preorder online was an option, that was why people was crazy about it.
    Also, I live in Seattle, for those of you who waited before, what are your advises this time?
    Thanks a lot guys!

2. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

I think most of the people that line up will be people that didn't get the 6 plus during the preorder. Which is sad, because it's also going to be the phone with the most limited supply.

3. andrewxie thread starter macrumors member

I know man. The site was down for almost 50 mins, when I finally got on it, 6+ was already 3 to 4 weeks and I could not click on the pick up at stores option for some reason. That's why I am going to stand in line.

4. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Demand for the 6 Plus is big and supply seems to be short. A long time friend that work for ATT was told by his manager that there is a good possibility that they may not get any in the Plus size. He said if they did it would only be a "few".

I am afraid that you likely need to be in line now.

5. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

There will be less than if they didn't allow preorders, but you should expect lines. Lots of people didn't/couldn't preorder. And actually, a lot of people want to wait and see the phones before they choose their model, which was not an issue in previous releases. Just expect lines.

6. andrewxie thread starter macrumors member

Thanks! Would you think the 128g will be a slightly better chance of getting it?

----------

Ya I am going to stand in lines. I would maybe stop by the store maybe around 11pm to see what the situation is. I am getting the 128g, I mean I don't know, I am sure both models' 128g would be less demand.

7. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Yeah, definitely less demand for it. That could be good or bad for you.

8. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I do not think another $100 would stop many from getting the plus if that was all that was available. It would really surprise me if they had many/any Plus units to sell. At 11am, they may have no iPhone 6 units to sell, period.

9. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

He said 11pm, the evening prior to release.

10. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

K, my bad.

11. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

I don't think it really makes a difference. If someone is #20 in line and what they want isn't available they will likely take what they can get.