I know it's an iPod trademark kinda, but WHY???!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Andrew K., Sep 27, 2009.

1. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

Why do we still have the Chrome back? Look I know it looks sexy, sleek and durable but I hate how fast it gets fingerprints and scratches easily. NO I do not like to use cases, I like to use Apple products as-is with a sleeve usually. They got everything right, capacity, processor ( no camera but I don't mind ) but still the same back. Anyone wish they changed it to Aluminum or something that doesn't wear so fast? I would get it painted but colorware is expensive and I hate their logo.

2. -kritter- macrumors regular

-kritter-

I have not posted here in forever but like oh so many people this same problem bugs the life out of me...

Anyways, its polished stainless steel, it is also on the thin side, making the backings out of anodized aluminum would present some durability issues seeing as how they are like I said very thin. I have always wanted to powder coat one of the ipod backings, maybe that is something you can look into, wouldn't cost more than $10 bucks if you can find a place to do it. You could also have the whole back laser etched, or just go for that brushed metal look...

3. macsarethebest macrumors regular

Get an invisible shield. They are amaaaaazing! zagg.com

4. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

Freaking expensive! I don't have thAt much $ to spend...! Dang...it is petty nice though lol.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Kinda annoying I agree, but at least it doesn't affect the usability.

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

bestskinsever.com

7. NXTMIKE macrumors 6502

it's not the price that should be your worry, its how impossible it is to install.

8. ajones46 macrumors 6502

+1. bestskins are exactly the same as zagg's and are 1/5 the price, and they aren't too pesky to apply. Take a little bit of patience plus persistence and you're good to go. I've put a skin on every single one of my iPods and they're great.

However, I did also send feedback to Apple a couple times asking to change the backing of the iPod Touch to the polished anodized aluminum just like in the new nano's. No more skin, no more case, no more money spent. And they could have them come in more colors too. I hate how mine looks exactly like every Joe Schmo's.

9. aksmax macrumors member

I 2nd the invisible shield idea. I've been using them for years. I started just on LCD screens on our cameras. Now I use them all over my ipods and camera bodies. Not only do they not affect usability, but I find they give you a nicer grip. We have 2 gen1 itouches. The shielded one looks like new. The other...well you know about those backs.

You can slip them into a pocket and not worry about them, even if you have coins or keys.

10. Andrew K. thread starter macrumors 65816

thanks guys yeah I know about best skins ever, i've had them before. I still like it naked naked haha but I may have to go that route.

11. Pau.c macrumors regular

i personally think that they should give the option of white black and chrome backs like on the iphone3g/3gs