I know it's ONLY 50 bucks..

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by whistler222, Feb 1, 2008.

1. whistler222 macrumors 6502

Using the ADC program to buy the mac pro = 20% off.
    but apple care is 250 still.

using student discount, apple care is 200.

but from what i read, u can buy apple care within 1 year of purchase date (thereby extending your warranty by 2 more years essentially?).

so can i buy the apple care with warranty at a later date, and use my student card to get the 50 dollar discount?

yah i know. only 50 bucks.. but i still would wait to buy apple care anyways.. so i figure i'd ask :)

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Sure, you don't have to buy AppleCare at the same time as the machine. You just have to buy it and activate within one year from the date of purchase of the machine.

So by all means buy the computer under ADC and AppleCare under EDU.

3. caeneal macrumors member

Applecare is usually cheaper on Ebay, too. I'd look there and see what deals are going on.

4. stoppard macrumors member

applecare is also 50% off at compusa right now which is less than the student price. You can go buy the applecare package before your mac pro shows up and then activate it when it arrives.

5. Banacek macrumors 6502

Got a link? :)

6. stoppard macrumors member

It's been mentioned elsewhere in the macrumors forums. I don't think this includes the online store, just the physical stores which are shutting down and have to clear out inventory. I purchased mine yesterday morning and my store had quite a few of the mac pro/powermac applecare boxes left.

7. harcosparky macrumors 68020

This is because COMPUSA is closing down .... which is a good reason to buy there.

Everything has to go!!!

8. Banacek macrumors 6502

Yeah, all the stores around the Phoenix, Arizona area have been closed for a while... :(

9. GoKyu macrumors 65816

GoKyu

I bought my Applecare last week from CompUSA at 40% off...still not bad, cost like $160 with tax :)

-Bryan

10. knome macrumors 6502

knome

God riddence, that store was crap. I got screwed out of so much stuff there.

11. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

I bought my MBP with the student developer discount, and then ordered Apple Care with my student discount, it's fine just so you know.