Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dukeace2094

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 19, 2010
San Jose, CA
Yes I typed it out in a word doc. I will be willing to send the pic to anyone and a pic of the hat with the logo and a tape measure and somebody else get figure it out if im off. Just hear me out? BTW I said video instead of pic. Sorry 11PM typing.

4osyZ.png

----------

Yes I typed it out in a word doc. I will be willing to send the pic to anyone and a pic of the hat with the logo and a tape measure and somebody else get figure it out if im off. Just hear me out? BTW I said video instead of pic. Sorry 11PM typing.

And by NO MEANS did I accurately measure this but its pretty rough estimate. But how could i be off by sooo much that it would bring it to around the rumored 7.85 (?) inch screen?

dukeace2094

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 19, 2010
San Jose, CA
I understand and i wish i could havr snapped a photo but he but a smart cover on it. It was running ios 6 (slightly transparent grey bar at the bottom)

Here is the full original pic if it helps. not sure why its sideways whatever

PSk7s.jpg

----------

I could be totally wrong and I understand that. I just thought this was fascinating.

Last edited by a moderator:

sammich

macrumors 601
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
That's just the normal 9.7" iPad. Assuming he has similar sized hands to me.

Also, since you're guessing it's 5" tall (wide, landscape), then that fully grown adult man would have ridiculously small hands. If he stretched out his right hand, it should just touch the top of the iPad in that orientation in his current grip. The rumoured iPad 'mini' is 5.3", about 2" shorter than the size of my hand.

In other words: either everyone in that photo is a midget, and the room is designed for short people, or that's just a normal iPad.

And use [ timg][/ timg] tags please.

Last edited:

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
The iPad measures 7.31" wide (the short side). My hand is about 8" long from tip of middle finger to my wrist. His hand could easily span from the top to the bottom on the short side.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
It doesn't look like a 7" iPad. On the other hand, that guy should be punched in the taint for actually bringing an iPad to a ball game to take pics. IMHO of course.

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
Thats a regular ipad. I just held my nexus 7 in my hand and my hands like way bigger in comparison to the way the guys hands in the photo look.

virginblue4

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
I understand and i wish i could havr snapped a photo but he but a smart cover on it. It was running ios 6 (slightly transparent grey bar at the bottom)

Here is the full original pic if it helps. not sure why its sideways whatever

PSk7s.jpg

----------

I could be totally wrong and I understand that. I just thought this was fascinating.

That's a regular 9.7" iPad. And iOS 6? The iOS 5.1 update changed the camera to have the transparent bar at the bottom.....

Last edited:

dukeace2094

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 19, 2010
San Jose, CA
Plus if you had paid any attention in elementary trigonometry class, you'd know that working Pythagoras' theorem, you can't produce a 6" tall tablet from a 7" diagonal screen . Sorry :eek:

Do the math, buddy. 5 inches wide 6 inches long roughly inches diag.(rounded up)

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
Haha, I'm curious about this too. Besides seeming like a weirdo if the guy noticed you, what made you hold back?

You don't know? He recently graduated from the league of shadows, you can't just walk up on folks, you must go undetected at all times....

appswipe

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2012
Apparently what the OP saw was a larger version of the iPad Mini...

33o4gue.jpg
ipad-2-3-photography-photos-app.jpg

iPadPhotography.jpg
original.jpg

-----------
And not to be rude, but it seems that many people out here don't realize how small a 7" tablet actually is.
346-CC3tr.Em.55.jpeg
nexus-7-unlock.jpeg

Last edited:

AT101ET

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2012
UK (London)
Looks like a regular iPad. The iPad mini as rumoured will have a 7'' screen which would make it wider than tall. That looks like the normal iPad.

Liquinn

Suspended
Apr 10, 2011
Why spend $200 on an iPod touch, when you could get the fabled iPad mini for $250? If you really need a small media player, get the nano.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.