I know the air JUST got refreshed, but...

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by gonnabuyamacbsh, Nov 21, 2010.

1. gonnabuyamacbsh macrumors 6502

was just wondering if the air is gonna get sandy bridge. Portability is of top priority in the air but i think power is a close second, this is what separates it from netbooks especially with the 11".

for the people who know computers well, how much is the size of the chips an issue? are intel's new line of chips going to take the the same space as the core 2 duo? or do you think that the air won't get a iX processor at all?

2. nfl46 macrumors 603

It'd probably get it in May 2011 (6 months). There won't be an announcement, it'll just be placed on the Apple website. But when the Macbook Pro gets it, there will probably be an announcement. Its due for a major upgrade.

3. stockscalper macrumors 6502a

stockscalper

And your basis for all this info is......?

4. MacModMachine macrumors 68020

MacModMachine

1+ year , air was slow to be updated but i think now that apple is focusing on the air a bit more, mainly its construction.

it will be a year i think , but if something new comes along apple may put it in such as new cpu's and graphics chips.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

W.A.G.

I think May of 2011 is a good guess of when the MBP lines will get refreshed. Apple seems to take a couple of months after intel releases a new chip set. Whether the MBA sees any love then is really up in the air [pun intended :p]

Its tough to base any guess, because apple didn't update the MBA line very often, but now that its very popular who knows.

6. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

The problem with Sandy Bridge is the GPU. There is a lengthy thread about it, I would suggest you search around the forum to get all the gory details. This thread is headed into deja vu territory.