I know this has been asked before, but...

bravesfan007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2006
7
0
I am 99% sure I am going to make the Macbook my first Apple purchase. I know that I want to do so before September when the student rebate runs out. I have been following this computer sinced it was released, and have noticed that there have been problems with it. I know that since it is a Rev A product, there will be bugs and other quirky things to work out. However, my question is how long is the wait usually for Apple to put out Rev B products. I know that if I wait and wait and wait and never buy the computer because of the chance of it being upgraded as far as specs, I'll never buy the thing because technology changes over night; however, what are the chances of Apple putting out an revision of the Macbook before September. I am prepared to purchase now, but would prefer to wait until September to see if a revision would be made. Is it probable for them to revise it so soon?

Thanks,
--bravesfan
 

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
1,962
0
Apple might release a revised product at the WWDC in August but that is merely speculation. Any revisions here would be small upgrades/updates. You can most likely count on a serious upgrade in January when the new version of OSX (10.5 or "Leopard") is expected.
 

savar

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2003
1,952
0
District of Columbia
bravesfan007 said:
am prepared to purchase now, but would prefer to wait until September to see if a revision would be made. Is it probable for them to revise it so soon?

Thanks,
--bravesfan
I believe that small revisions are made through the lifecycle of a product, even if each minor revision doesn't warrant a press release or mention at macworld expo. If you wait until Sept. I'm pretty confident that you'd have a slightly more refined MacBook -- no major design changes but probably a few changes in parts sourcing, etc.
 

MonkeyHugger

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2006
52
0
Birmingham, England
A is jump said:
http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/04/20060403230456.shtml

there was a rumor a while back that there have already been revisions... I dont know if this was true or not. But with all consistant issues plauging the macbooks, I would assume they are hard at work revising it.
That seems kool, could be true as how long it takes for new revisions to get into stock in stores.

But also, when is there going to be like an updated version. You know, when they up ram and standard and stuff, someone said august at some conference? :confused: Any rumours along that front? Dunno wether to wait or not.
 

bravesfan007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2006
7
0
So in other words, I should probably just hold off and wait, which was my original thoughts anyway. I was just going to hate to wait until then, order it, and then see a new revision of the macbook be out. Oh well, I guess we shall wait and see.