I know this has been asked...still need help...changing icons JB 4.2.6

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Dnice25, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Dnice25 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have searched and serached for guides on how to change icons in iFile. I'm Greenpois0n's JB for the Verizon Iphone.

I have the Genesis theme installed and I want to edit a few icons(especially the ipod), but I can't to figure out how to do it.

What I've tried - going into iFile -/var/stash/Themes.JNn5gJ/Gensis.theme, but there is no Icon folder so from there I go into Bundles/com.apple.mobileipod but there are so many icons in there I tried to change a few of them and replaceing the names with ones from the IconsEctra folder. I resprung and nothing...

What am I doing wrong. Again I have searched before postin but most of the posts say - There are already posts on this - I've also watched a few youtube vids...

Any help is appreciated!

2. Dnice25 thread starter macrumors newbie

Really??? Not even a flame or a link to another page that might help me....?

3. Jett0516 macrumors 6502a

Jett0516

youre looking in the wrong folder. the ipod icon should be in applications>mobilemusicplayer.app>icon-mediaplayer@2x.png

4. Dnice25 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the reply Jett I appreciate it. However I am still having problems.

When i go into applications>mobilemusicplayer.app>icon-mediaplayer@2x.png

There are a few other icons in there. What is the next move? I tried to copy and paste another icon from another theme in that folder but no luck. Do I copy that .png and rename it or paste the icon I'm trying to move elsewhere?

I'm confused and again I know this was posted a million times but I can't find much on 4.2.6

Also if you know how to take icons from icon request forums and use them that would be a HUGE help also.