I know this is a RAM problem, but...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Fenir, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Fenir macrumors regular

I bought some new ram from newegg, it was the G.SKill 2x2GB ones that worked with the macs.

Anyways, I installed it yesterday, and everything went fine and it ran fine. Did some tests, and it saw all 4GB.

Well my mom went to startup the iMac today, and it had two beeps followed by a third beep. I realize that this means there is a RAM problem.

I took it out then put them back in a couple times, thinking it may have come lose, but I always got the beeps. Put the old 1GB stick in and it worked.

So what do you think the issue is? It worked great yesterday, and nothing today and I'm back to the 1GB stick.

Thanks in advance,
    Bryan

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

All anyone can say is that IF you installed the RAM correctly (pushing them all the way into the socket) it sounds like a RAM module failure problem and you should send it back to NewEgg.

3. Fenir thread starter macrumors regular

My only problem though is that it worked fine yesterday, no problems at all. And now it wouldnt see anything...

What I just tried though is putting one 2GB stick in, and it works..so I'm running off of 1 2GB stick as opposed to the stock 1GB

4. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

You can put your Apple RAM in the 2nd socket, so you have 3 GB, until you can get the other 2 GB replaced.

There's no way to guess other than random chance, why a module fails, and when.