Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
I'm 13 and I've always wondered people saved the image on their screen as a picture file on a PC. Someone please help me.

kretzy

macrumors 604
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
From what you've written I don't think anybody will be able to work out what your problem is. You're going to have to be a little (well a lot actually) more specific.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
I'm 13 and I've always wondered people saved the image on their screen as a picture file on a PC. Someone please help me.

What you are saying is not very clear at all. Help us to help you by giving us a bit more info.

EDIT: Wow I am slow today. Well it is my first day back at work.

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
Specifics.

I want to save the image on my screen as a picture.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
I want to save the image on my screen as a picture.

In that case then read psychofreaks post. :)

Command + Shift + 3 = screenshot of entire desktop.
Command + Shift + 4 = creates a cursor you can drag to 'capture' a specific part of your screen.
Command + Shift + 4 + move cursor over an open window then press 'space' and click. Will capture that window.

There are a few more but I can't remember them.

EDIT: I am VERY slow today. You want to know how to do it on a PC :eek:

Retired
May 16, 2006
In that case then read psychofreaks post. :)

Command + Shift + 3 = screenshot of entire desktop.
Command + Shift + 4 = creates a cursor you can drag to 'capture' a specific part of your screen.
Command + Shift + 4 + move cursor over an open window then press 'space' and click. Will capture that window.

There are a few more but I can't remember them.

EDIT: I am VERY slow today. You want to know how to do it on a PC :eek:

If you're on a mac, and aren't too good with shortcuts, then Grab works (it comes with your computer)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.