I know this isn't a palm pre forum but..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ajohnson253, Oct 22, 2009.

1. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

I was told that pre owners could update there phones through iTunes. Is this true? They can easily sync all there music from iTunes to there pre vice versa?
    This might be old news to you guys but I don't pay attention to anything pre what soever but this just caught my attention.

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Long, long, LONG story short:

Pre syncs with iTunes in an unauthorized way. New iTunes breaks link. Palm re-creates it. Repeat forever.

In other words, any user who actually depends on this method is setting themsevelves up to be frustrated.

3. ajohnson253 thread starter macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

What is pre's point to do this?

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

No one knows.

Blackberries use an Apple-authorized method to access iTunes songs that continues to work. It gives their users a good experience, which you'd think a phone maker would care about.

Of course, that means RIM has to do some programing work to write software that does that. All Palm does is trick iTunes into thinking the Pre is an iPod. So I guess that's easier? Who knows.

5. ajohnson253 thread starter macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

That's funny. Well that let's us know what iTunes is to people. I feel special hehe.

6. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Search the front page news. It's cat and house. Some times it works, some times it doesn't.