i know whats coming!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Eric Lewis, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

Ok so the plastic iMac is now aluminum!

macbook(plastic)->mac mini(sorta aluminum)->imac(aluminum)->macbookpro(aluminum)->macpro(aluminum)

so the only product that isnt aluminum is the macbook!

so i think apple will release a new aluminum macbook 13'' which would basically become the new smaller macbook pro! anyone else think this? or realize this?

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I personally don't think so, the different materials of construction show the definition between the product line quite clearly. There could be a lowered end 12" MBP but i doubt it.

3. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

I don't see this happeneing in the near future myself, but who knows...

4. fr4c macrumors 65816

fr4c

if they do that to the Macbook, then it wont be much different from the MBP. dont think apple is going that route, because its going to make the ultra-portable version of the MBP not stand out as much. but hey, you never know.

5. LeviG macrumors 65816

doubt it being full aluminium, plastic is cheaper and as the macbook is budget model its used to keep the price down. I can however see an aluminium top plate similar to the new keyboard being added, I think that may look cool on the white one, maybe even a black glass one on the blackbook.

6. vicious7 macrumors 6502a

vicious7

Maybe. And if they do that, then the Mac Pro and the Macbook Pro might go full titanium with black anodized aluminum accents.

7. nre999 macrumors member

8. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

9. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Not going to happen. The reason that the iMac is now aluminum is because Apple is moving it up market to be the main consumer model to integrate with ipod, iphone, etc.

10. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

Uh, nope. Aluminum is a Pro thing, Apple won't sell all aluminum computers, but a 12" MBP would be great (just gotta make it 1" thin before you release, right Apple).

11. nre999 macrumors member

Aren't the MBPs 1" already?

12. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Yet the iMac isn't a "Pro" line computer.

I see everyone's point. Just playing devils advocate here. Everything ie mini, iMac, iPhone, MBP, MP, Shuffle, and Nano are aluminum. Think we are left with the MB in plastic.

I guess it wouldn't surprise me if they did go aluminum but it also wouldn't surprise me if they didn't.

13. Magick macrumors member

actually they are 25,9 mm which is (grabs calculator) 1,0196850393700787401574803149606"

14. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I think I will have to go with everyone else and say that it is not going to happen.

15. nre999 macrumors member

Oh that explains a LOT. And I was going to go to the Apple Store and complain because my MBP was slightly larger that 1" (of course just by eyeballing it I guessed mine to be 1.0196850393700787401474803149607 inches tall (thus the basis to my now defunct complaint). I hate it when I am less than a nano off...

16. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler

I think i'll just go against everyone and actually agree with this guy. it makes sense to me that they would do this move. MBP's to look like the iphone n iMac's and make the MB come in black and alluminum. they have been doing it with all their newest computers why not the MB.
    and i would really love one like that, the white is too much like a toy in my humble opinion.
    Then again its not a pro computer so who really knows.

17. Magick macrumors member

actually it was a whole 10^-7 yoctometer :p

18. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I think if your going to say the iMac is Al, then so is the Mini(I'd say they both are)

Personally I think the back of the iMac should be Al.

But ya, I can see the MacBook going Al too

19. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler

i think the ipods will go in this direction too
    i hope so atleast

20. Cabbit macrumors 68020

Cabbit

I see the macbook going aluminum, just not it doesn't fit the product line up because everything else is aluminum.
    Aluminum is not a pro feature, pro's should worry about specs more than design, aluminum is a desirable feature and that makes it a consumer model feature, things that are desirable command a better price and perceived value. Look at the apple website with all the products on the main shop page, the macbook looks like someone messed up and it could of been a old picture of a old G3 iMac for what anyone cares, i actually had my mum say "did they forget to update that one?"

p.s. Oh grammar nazi's please advise if my grammar and spelling is okay, i am trying to learn

21. mowlavie macrumors member

macbooks future

most likely the macbook will receive a redesign close to the xmas shopping season; this includes both inside and outside. The case would most likely be similar to the aluminum design that apple is now applying to all of its new computer lines. I believe inside though the major change that it would really be is the graphics card from the old gma 450 watever to the new intel integrated gma x3000, which would be alot better than the previous ugly thing, also a backlight LED would be nice as well!! but this is a prediction like others, though due to the release of Leopard, this would increase apples not book sales and it would put apples notebooks back in the competing line with the pcs! :):):) hope the best guyz!!

22. nre999 macrumors member

Forget Alluminium, Titanium, and all of that craziness. Remember apple zigs when others zag - so when everyone else is still making plastic laptops - they go with tatanium and alluminum - well here is the next logical step:

http://www.webelements.com/webelements/elements/text/Ta/key.html

Tantalum:

I can see it now ... Apple Tantalum line of Pro Products

You Can Never be to Hard, to Gray or to Fast.

Maybe it would have saved this poor guy: http://www.tuaw.com/2007/06/09/roadkill-macbook-pro-keeps-on-keepin-on/

23. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler

I highly doubt they would change materials now after releasing the iphone and the imac in alluminum. ill stick to my prediction of alluminnum MB's

24. boobooq88 macrumors regular

Maybe mac pro and MBP will go Tantalum? and everything elses will go Al and Black? hmmmm doubt it but would be interesting... :p

25. Belly-laughs macrumors 6502a

Belly-laughs

The iPod will def. go alu/white alu/black. MacBook the same.