I Know When The iPhone will get Copy & Paste

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jz7410, Nov 25, 2008.

1. jz7410 macrumors member

Remember @ Macworld 08 when Steve said we asked our users what they wanted. They wanted cheaper prices, and 3G data speed. They delivered.
    Going back to last year those were the 2 biggest iPhone issues.

Fast forward to Macworld 09. Steve: We asked our users what they wanted, they said:
    8gb gets cut to $149 or $179
    32gb iPhone
    Copy & Paste
    Turn by Turn directions (This will be a $80 - $100 app)
    MMS (Provider will have to develop this, because Apple is so above MMS)

All in iPhone 3.0
    Think about it how else is Apple going to maintain iPhone growth. They need to keep these features out so they can attract more customers.

I have no doubt 3.0 will have copy & paste. (BB Storm does and thats the only reason why they will do it)

Be patient. 3.0 announced in Jan. Delivered in June. & No video recording yet... that will come when they put a front faceing camera in iPhone 4g... maybe 2010... that is the next thing everyone will complain about

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Think about what you're saying.

Done? Good. Going to rewrite it?

3. vincebio macrumors 6502a

vincebio

4. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

First of all Apple will not announce an iphone in January for release in June because think of what that will do to iphone sales for 6 months. it will kill it with people holding out and waiting for the new one in june.

the only time they did that was for the very first iphone because people had no choice but to wait. But trust me Apple will never do that again

5. jz7410 thread starter macrumors member

Why would I rewrite it?
    People always want more. If Apple puts out an update with turn by turn, copy & paste, video recording..etc... What will they do next?? They are in it for profit. The 3G iPhone is almost the best selling cell phone out there. Why would they have to release these updates if people are happy buying it the way it is?

If the iphone had everything now, what are they going to put in the new iphone that will attract new customers??

6. jz7410 thread starter macrumors member

I never said a new iphone (Just a 32gb). Just 3.0

7. jz7410 thread starter macrumors member

Everyday a thread is started about turn by turn, MMS or next iphone...etc

This is to shut them up, all they have to do is wait it will come

8. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I'm waiting until the iPhone can do at least three petaFLOPS before upgrading again.

That's three petaFLOPS after Apple has downclocked the processor.

While waiting is virtually always the best thing to do, many people don't like to do so. This thread won't stop the others.

1. Because people don't search.
    2. Because people don't care.

Instant gratification.

9. definitive macrumors 68000

definitive

you're getting way ahead of yourself, little fella.

10. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Nothing, nothing, will shut the hordes up. There are battles you can win and ones you will lose. The trick is knowing which is which.

11. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

I just don't buy (no pun intended) this line of reasoning/psychology. If Apple puts X, Y, & Z functions on their phone right now, it would attract more customers - period. The fact of the matter is that there are phones out there that have X, Y, & Z right now and people are buying them over the iPhone. (If you think the average cell phone user is buying the iPhone - you're wrong.) These are people who will be lost/untouchable for 2 full years. In the cellphone industry, you only have a very small window to hook customers in - and if you miss the chance, you miss the chance for a long time.

Now, if they placed those functions on right now, people wouldn't be looking at the alternatives at all. It wouldn't be the end of the world if Apple didn't place on a new function in 6-12 months if all the functions were there to start with.

Besides Windows Mobile hasn't been updated in years and it still attracts many more users than the iPhone. Heck, most people are satisfied with the proprietary software the phone comes with as long at it has the ability to hold mp3s, text, make phone calls, and MMS (which 99% of phones can do, except for the iPhone).

12. preguntonontrac macrumors 6502

Right.

13. dexter09 macrumors newbie

Your theory has holes..

If this is the case, they then most likely make a 3.0 firmware only suitable for the new Iphone to be released, with 'intergraded solar cell behind the screen for longer lasting battery life' and MMS because this Apples tactic after all is to make $$$$$$$. Just like the recent changes to Itunes that has reduced the amount of free apps available and increased sales over the board for apple with the new implementations. Thats right Apples recent changes wernt for the consumer benefit, it was a strategic manoeuvre to increase sales.

Apple will introduce the cut and paste when they work out a way that they can fool the consumer into paying extra for it, and why... because 90% of the consumer are willing to pay extra for something that most phone have free. Mac lovers are so wrapped up with their rosy colored glasses to see what is going on in the iphone world to recognised the scam and manoeuvre that Apple are pulling.

The Iphone could be a fantastic mobile phone if only apple;

1# Removed the restrictions on the Iphone,
    2# Listen to their consumer.

How many other mobile phones are there that you cannot, MMS, customise the look and apply a theme to your layout, adapt a customise message alert. just to name a few. As for copy and paste, Im not sure if other smartphone have the option, but whats the big deal in not implementing now?

14. jz7410 thread starter macrumors member

Thats the thing the iPhone has seen demand like no other phone. Its the #2 (behind the razr) consumer phone without those features, why add them if the product is selling great? If the iphone wasnt selling great we may have seen these features already, but since it is selling so good why put them in now? They put them in 3.0 and therefore people wont be asking for 5mp cameras and front facing video cameras (which is what people would be asking for if they had all these features). Its brilliant if you ask me.

The wii sells great. Its graphics are not as good as the PS3 or xBox, and people complain. Did nintendo update the wii to a better graphics card? No because it sells great the way it is and there is no need for them to add a new feature.

15. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Slightly flawed logic; Nintendo doesn't care about the look, they care about the experience. Apple also cares about the experience: OS X.

16. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

17. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

You know it!

18. TuckBodi macrumors 6502

I sure hope they come out with copy & paste because I need it for an app I'm building. Coma on Stevo help a guy out!