I know when the New iPod touch is coming out!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by GoJonny78, Jul 16, 2010.

1. GoJonny78 macrumors newbie

So I think there is a very good chance that I am right here:

Okay based on my own knowledge apple will have their annual media event to launch off the new iPods on September the 8th, 2010. The get a free iPod touch when you buy a Mac thing ends the 7th of September just like last year it ended the 8th of September and the event last year was the next day on the 9th. So since this years insintive ends the 7th that means the event has to be on the 8th of September!

So I think there is a pretty good chance for this to happen and so what do you guys think about this?

2. iGuardian macrumors 6502a

iGuardian

Hmm, that's a good guess, but I think that they'll do it on the 14th, just because it's a Tuesday.

3. tucker61 macrumors regular

Can't do on 14th, because my birthday is on 13th and I want a new iPod touch for my birthday which looks like a iPhone.

4. GoJonny78 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah the 14 is unlikely. They have had the past three or so media events before the 10th plus last years was on the 9th, a Wednesday. The 8th this year is a Wednesday aswell. :apple:

5. iGuardian macrumors 6502a

iGuardian

Ah, well in that case you're probably right.

6. Peterson8765 macrumors 6502a

Peterson8765

I'm 100% sure that Apple will be hosting it's iPod Event this year on September 8th.

7. zjzjn1 macrumors member

Yeah i agree with 8th of september. CAN'T WAIT!

8. unb3k4nn7 macrumors newbie

wow, your knowledge is impressive. *irony off

is is that you wantet to post on the front page of MR in the other Thread? :D This is common sense and is not new to us at all.

9. Biker macrumors regular

lol people are getting tooooo exited for the new ipod touch

10. unb3k4nn7 macrumors newbie

It's possibly going to be a great device. Even without a camera, watching videos / playing games on that retina display will be great for the price.

It's getting really annoying that everyone ist guessing and taking these guesses as facts. Even on the Mainpage there are often Rumors without any real sources and just some analysts guessing around.

Just wait for a damn announcement or a real "proofed" Rumor like with the Gizmodo iP4.

11. Peterson8765 macrumors 6502a

Peterson8765

It is going to be a great device this time around. But just for the 32GB and 64GB, Apple is going to stick to the dreaded same design of the 2G and 3G Touch for an 8GB model this September, just like they did with the iPhone this year. Kept the 3GS model in line up but with 8GB.

12. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

September 8th is more than likely going to be the day. We should know for sure by the end of August.

13. Xavier macrumors 68020

Lol, new iPod's have been coming out in September after the Back to School event for years.

The whole event is to clear out inventory.

14. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

15. Mr Slippy IV macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

My birthday is on the 7th, so an earlier announcement would be fantastic. Plus, that date is when the rebate program ends, not when the last iPods ship.

16. iMac0765 macrumors regular

They will keep supplying iPod's but not as much to Best Buy and retail other than Apple Store's. This will keep stock low and satisfy the promotion too. Any leftover iPod's can be sold online as "refurbished" or used as replacements for any broken iPod's with warranty.

17. GoJonny78 thread starter macrumors newbie

Update

Okay guys:

I also am about 95% sure that it will have at least a front camera because Steve jobs said they are going to sell 10's of millions of FaceTime devices THIS YEAR in 2010. Do you guys agree?

18. unb3k4nn7 macrumors newbie

[​IMG]

just read in some other Threads, you will see that some people agree, some disagree with you theories.