I know who stole my computer and it is being used

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by wdtjawshwdt, Mar 11, 2009.

1. wdtjawshwdt macrumors newbie

Allright someone had stolen my imac computer all most a year ago. I got the guys e-mail address his myspace his videos page his cell phone number his website. And now it has recently surfaced. Now how do i get closer to where my computer is? I will give a reward when i get my computer back. I will appreciate any ideas i am just trying to locate an address because i will drive down there and get it.

if you want i will write the whole story because in a way its kind of funny but i was taken for a sucker

these are all links relating to the guy...and if you watch his video you can see my computer in his glasses because he is using isight

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Contact your local police department with this information.

3. wdtjawshwdt thread starter macrumors newbie

meh...

i just need some help...local police department is st paul... the computer is in memphis tn. he stole it and ditched mn... its just frustrating...and i am trying to figure out a way to access it again or figure out its ip... ya know?

4. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Like EricNau has already told you, contact your local police with all the information you have.

There is not much any member here can do for you.

Best of luck. :)

5. wdtjawshwdt thread starter macrumors newbie

The funny thing about it is... this guy was sleeping in a music practice space..and every once and awhile i would get some lessons from him on keyboards and midi and all that razz... i decided to help him out one day after he gave me a lesson and give him a ride to his girlfriends house supposedly. he had me go up ahead of him and he came back with a box. i told him he could put it in the back of my car and he wanted to hold it. Well the next day i came back to my practice space my computer was gone and he didnt want to talk. He used to clean the practice area's for the security guard down there so he had keys because security guy trusted him and was lazy or he was in on it. i am trying to come up with a witty way to get my computer back.

6. jamaica14 macrumors member

How

Did he just take it from your house or something? How did he get it?

7. wdtjawshwdt thread starter macrumors newbie

he pulled it from my practice rehearsal space in the cities. i accused him and he denied it when i did run into him. But the guy was broke as a joke and i thought we were all good. but apparently not. Its just funny to see it in his glasses as he sings his horrible song. The guy has a lot of knowledge on music but he is just a dick and a scammer.

8. jamaica14 macrumors member

9. Keniff macrumors 6502a

Keniff

Yeah! I'll tell you a witty way to get your computer back!
    Stand outside his place and call the cops and tell them, 'somebody has stolen your iMac' (you don't have to say when it was stolen, at this point).

When they come, tell them he's inside with it, they'll knock on the door and ask to speak to him, and see the iMac!

This is the important part, Make sure you have some kind of ID/Serial Number for it.
    This should tally-up with the info in the computer.

Go to > :apple:> About This Mac> Hardware.

And the serial number should be at the bottom of that list.

They'll see it's yours, arrest him and you'll feel witty.

I hope this helps...

10. wdtjawshwdt thread starter macrumors newbie

this is true i would feel witty. But first i got to find out where in memphis he is. I got the longitude and latitude of his cell phone. But i cant find out where he has connected the computer. he hasnt reformatted the hard-drive because he is using video clips from a program that i still got the disks for. **** if anyone is in memphis they can have the computer i just want the **** off my hard drive at this point. that could be the reward. He is a wedding singer and dvd authorer now and if you can see the website he created he sucks. I need someone getting married to meet him and check out his equipment or get a contract with his address. Cant i report him for having a Pirated version of final cut pro? :p

11. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

You have his phone number, website address, etc, etc ..the police can easily track him from this info.

You have to simply go to the police with the information you have told us you have and there you go. sorted.

Why are you not taking the advice ?

I smell something here .

12. wdtjawshwdt thread starter macrumors newbie

you smell nothing here. The police dont waste there time with this stuff. The last time i called the police for something that was stolen was my sound system from my car. I go with a hunch and i was right. I told the police who had it and phone numbers. Guess what they did, They called and ask the theives if they stole my stuff. And they made a bigger mess of everything no joke. The guy that said show up to the door and call the police has the right mind. With out probable cause they dont do anything until it shows up in a pawn shop. And most people are smart enough not to dump it off there. So please dont call me a liar or scammer. I just need to find a way to get an address so i can set up a meet and greet. im a scrawny white boy trying to get my computer from a 40year old black man.

Im in mn he is tn i need to make run to tn on a weekend. i will youtube it for you people :-D

13. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68030

Mr_Brightside_@

This happened a year ago. Why are you only trying to get it now?

14. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Because he doesn't really want our advice. He just wants us to tell him what he wants to hear, and that is something about finding the guy's address.

I think even if you find a way to get his address, call the cops first. If the cops don't do anything about it, you still have the option to go over there and find him later. You lose nothing, except perhaps the element of surprise.

Anyway.....comment on his videos and tell him you're from Memphis too. Then when he says, "Cool! LOLz", reply to him again and ask him where abouts he lives. Tell him, "I live in the _____ area", even though you don't know anything about Memphis and you only found out the name of an area by Google Mapping that shiz. Even give him the name of a local high school near your imaginary Memphis home. You spilled your info......perhaps he'll do the same.

15. wdtjawshwdt thread starter macrumors newbie

because after awhile i had given up on it. But he called me a month ago (dont ask me why he called me i know that sounds weird). So i went on a hunch and looked his name up on the google. And found his info saw his myspace page he never had, i mean everything he has is in september 08 he left the computer offline since february 08. Well now i am getting the people who think im a scammer so i will give up on this. I had some footage of a band called crystal castles on there and they wanted the unedited cuts, they are only on that computer because i had already taped over the tapes. That is the story. just wish me luck thanks for letting me vent and talk about it. You nay sayers out there can really bring a guy down. And before i thought he took it but now i know he has it that is the difference between now and then.

16. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

If you know where it is, and he uses the machine at a coffee place.

Disguise yourself, dump hot coffee in his lap and walk away with the computer.

You want him, or the coffee place to call the police, and accuse you of stealing your own computer.

17. wdtjawshwdt thread starter macrumors newbie

haha...well i do appreciate the help. i was just hoping that someone had a membership to one of those online cell phone trace i can find anyone websites for $30 a year. because i dont trust those sites :p next thing you know im broke and without a computer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfT4cdacDxc this is the edited version of crystal castles but all my footage was garbage that night but the guy wants the footage anyways.

18. sn00pie macrumors 6502a

sn00pie

What if he is a member on here and he sees this thread? If I were you, I'd get off the forum and be chasing him down.

19. wdtjawshwdt thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks, thanks for that snoopie you are right.

20. Keniff macrumors 6502a

Keniff

TBH, I think they're gay lovers, and they're had a 'Lovers Tiff'
    'wdtjawshwdt' just needs somebody to talk too!
    Come on you two, just kiss and make up, then you can both use this old iMac?

;)

Come on, 'Kissy Kissy'

xXx

LOL

21. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

22. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I can't believe that if you know who did it and you can prove it, you'd rather consider these sitcom plots people are suggesting than going to the police.

This has the potential to end badly.

23. ikermalli macrumors 6502a

Yellowpages.com
    Go to: Find Person
    Enter the phone number in the correct section
    Enter the city
    Press "Find"

24. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

http://www.zabasearch,com
    Enter his name, and state, it will give you an approximate birth date, address, phone number, (so you can check to see if it's right) and all that junk. Should be what you're looking for.