I know WWDC is only 6 days away, but...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mrat93, Jun 5, 2007.

  1. mrat93 macrumors 65816


    Dec 30, 2006
    Alright, so I've been waiting to get my first Mac for almost two years now. Last summer, I didn't have enough money for the iMac I wanted. I also was waiting for the iPod Nano summer promotion this year. Now that the promo is in effect, I am ready to get my Mac. Only question is, what do you think the odds are of new (or updated) iMacs at WWDC. Only asking because I don't want to have bought a Mac then have a newer one released a week later. What do you think could be potential upgrades?
  2. holamiamigos macrumors 6502a

    Aug 10, 2006
  3. discodave macrumors member

    Jan 30, 2007
    There is logic in waiting til Monday. Thats what I'm doing.

    Potential updates:

    LED Backlit
    Santa Rosa,
    New Design,
    & Cheaper than current models,

    to name a few. You might as well wait and see now.

  4. gaelan macrumors regular

    Oct 11, 2005
    what about the possibility they will jack the price up due to some new feature? i would like some new features, but i don't want the price to change unless its lowered.
  5. sikkinixx macrumors 68020


    Jul 10, 2005
    Rocketing through the sky!

    I had the same thought so I just bought new CD iMac (last one around ) for pretty cheap. I figure by the time I use all the power it has, it will be time to buy a new one.

    But if you do choose to wait, any current iMacs in stores will get a price cut and you can grab one for cheaper or buy refurb from Apple for even cheaper!
  6. weeman macrumors 6502

    May 6, 2007
    I would wait...you never know what WWDC is gonna bring...and its not like the ipod promotion ends tomorrow.
  7. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

    Oct 31, 2006
    They most likely won't raise the price...I don't think I've ever seen this.
  8. mikehokie macrumors regular

    Jun 3, 2007
    Fairfax, Virginia

    They won't

    The old Mac Pros will lower in price while the new ones take the old prices. $1799 w/ upgraded features. So the new iMacs will most likely get the new features w/ same prices.

    There is an 80% chance the iMac could get an update
  9. Phobophobia macrumors 6502

    Dec 1, 2003
    Me neither, other than the original iMac transition to iMac G4.

Share This Page