i life 09 guitar lessons worth getting?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mikes70mustang, Feb 19, 2009.

1. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

I bought myself a guitar last fall, and im still trying to find the best way to learn some basics. The problem being i dont have the money for lessons, nor do i have a stable schedule. Im not musically retarded, ive played sax for about 10 years, so im capable of learning music, even though i know playin sax means nothing going to guitar. So i am just wondering, are the lessons helpful? Anyone had a good experience? My college has a good price on the software so id be inclined to get it if its the least bit helpful on getting my foot in the door for guitar playing. And sorry if theres alot of these threads already, i couldnt find one. And just FYI ill b using a lefty fender strat. Thanks for any input

2. NoSmokingBandit macrumors 68000

NoSmokingBandit

I've been playing guitar/bass/drums/mandolin for a few years and i can honestly say that the GB 09 lessons are a waste of your money. There are free lessons all over the internet that teach you just as well. Some people need a teacher to learn, and they should be spending their money on a teacher that can interact and answer questions. Some people can learn just by watching a video, and those people needn't waste their money on apple-branded lessons when there is a wealth of information just on the other side of google.

If you have any questions about guitar stuff dont be afraid to ask me, ill try to help you out. Look on Ultimate-guitar.com. They have a lessons department and sometimes guys will upload videos and its usually very good.

3. claimed4all macrumors 6502

Thanks for the link. Just bought my first today and I have a few lesson items here. The link you provided looks chucked full of information.

4. sehnsucht77 macrumors 6502

itunes guitar lessons = not worth it. use youtube instead.