I like iOS 7 but Siri updates seemed lacking

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by cocacolakid, Jun 10, 2013.

1. cocacolakid macrumors 65816

cocacolakid

I hate Android but love how the voice search/command is fully integrated into all stock Google apps, and that the results are much faster and the voice transcription/understanding is far more accurate than Siri.

They showed a few new things Siri can do today but it seems like once again Siri got the short end of the stick.

Other than that I love the look and functionality of iOS 7, but Siri needs to be a bigger part of the experience.

2. Paddle1 macrumors 68020

That changed Siri's voice it's less robotic, and more features. Siri is in beta.

3. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

We don't know Siri's limitations yet. Give it some time. I am ecstatic about the new Siri update.

4. moonman239 macrumors 68000

A Siri API would have been nice. Then Siri would be able to be even smarter and more helpful.

5. cocacolakid thread starter macrumors 65816

cocacolakid

Yes, the new voices did sound smooth and not at all robotic like Siri now or Google's voice (which is a little less robotic than the current Siri).

I'm just frustrated that Siri isn't even up to date with what Google has Android doing, nevermind offering features Android doesn't. I hate Android but I used my nephew's tablet for an hour a couple of weeks ago and the voice functions are so smooth and well integrated it was shocking. No mistakes understanding me, and the results were almost instant compared to how slow Siri can be. Those last two things need to improve as much as adding more features.

6. robjulo macrumors 6502a

Oh please. How many years is that excuse going to be used for.

7. spacehog371 macrumors regular

Keep in mind, they always reserve some features for the new iPhone/iPad. Won't know the full story until the actual release date.