Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jefhatfield

Retired
Original poster
Jul 9, 2000
i have been with macrumors practicaly since the beginning and i like the track record of its accuracy, even though there were some over predictions...but overall, the predictions make me think some people here know apple employees very well

but when i look at other rumor sites, i see some wild predictions which often predict something that will happen 2 years from now to happen next month and i was wondering if less conservative mac rumor sites have as good a track record as macrumors

i really enjoy reading the register, which i have just discovered though it is a little less conservative than i am used to, and some of the anti-bill gates sites are fun to read, also

what do you think?

akuma

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2001
So far so good

I also like macrumors. They seem to be the most conservative of the bunch.

But I like macrumors more because of the people who post to these boards, just because it seems more "community" like and not just random posters who come and go. I've only been a member for a short while, but I have been reading the boards for about a year, and I notice that most of the people who post know what they are talking about and aren't typical "microsoft bashers" (although that can be fun sometimes).

I find that the other sites spout claims left and right about new products, ideas, etc. without so much an investigation, but macrumors usually reports solid info.

I've been reading the register a while and still am sorta sketchy about their articles, but I still read it. :)

I rarely step virtual foot into macosrumors.com since it seems that they make overinflated predictions a lot of times. But that was in the past and haven't ventured over that way in a while, maybe I should check them out again.

MasterX (OSiX)

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2001
I have troubble finding a rumor site with wildly exaggerated reports. Like mosr.com 's latest: one G5 is at 0.7 rev and runs at 2.8 Ghz. Awsome if it's true, tough if it's not. I need some crazy stuff like that to keep me pre-ocupied until MW. G5 is delicious. Or whatever mosr calls the G5 is delicious.

ThlayliTheFierce

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
I like this site mostly for the threads. The rumors are usually pretty much on target, and I like reading about them, but I also learn a lot reading the boards. I like the less-biased views of most everyone (i.e. no zealots). I must confess I'm much less of a zealot then when I first started coming here. Now I'm pretty much down to earth, with the typical Machead bias.

jefhatfield

Retired
Original poster
Jul 9, 2000
there was only one rumor site that i have seen on the internet that is more conservative than macrumors but they are not around anymore so i won't mention them

i heard they got sued but that could be a rumor since it's a great way to make people come to your rumor site

jefhatfield

Retired
Original poster
Jul 9, 2000
re: macminute

thanks for all the suggestions...i love the guilty pleasures of all rumors

i will check out macminute

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.